How do you know?

I can feel his lips on mine and I can feel my whole body shiver with excitement, but mostly joy. In moments my hands are on his neck and pulling him closer to me. His strong arms grab me by my waist and pull me closer to him. The kiss is sweet and loving, yet full of lust and a bit aggressive. He slips his tongue through my lips and I moan with joy.

Everything is perfect, all of my worries are forgotten, all my problems are far away and I am happy in his arms. He has been driving me crazy for a while, I was just too dumb to realize it.

He pushes me against a tree and a moan escapes my lips. My hands slip into his hair and I grab a fistful of it.

We both stop, sadly, when we hear someone approaching. Whoever it is is whispering in hush tones. He must have been too concentrated on the conversation that he didn't notice we are here.

"It's not my fault!"

It's David. But... Who is he talking to?

"He was in the wrong place at the wrong time!" He keeps saying.

Sokaku moves his head to catch a glance at David. He mouths the word "phone".

David is talking on the phone? Why? With who?

"Yes, I understand but-" He's interrupted by the person on the other side. Whoever that is.

"Yes, I know what I have to do." David gets quiet. "Yes, I'll get it for you."

I hear a pip from behind me, I think it's David ending the call.

"Shit!" David says.

I hear footsteps walk away from us, David's walking into the woods.

Sokaku and I stay like that until we can't hear David anymore and then Sokaku takes a step away from me.

"What do you think that was about?" Sokaku asks me.

"I don't know." I say. 

"Where do you think he is going?" I already had ideas forming in my head but I needed somebody's opinion.

"I think his going to go looking for the body." Sokaku says. I nod. It's very likely that David is heading there. I bet it has something to do with that phone call. 

"We should be ready for anything." I say more to myself then to him.

We can see the first strays of sun when we finally get back to the cabin.

Even though I am already in my bed I still can't fall asleep. I can't stop myself from thinking back on the day's events.

That kiss...

Did it even mean something?

I hear a knock on my door. The most unexpected person walked through the door.

"Nadel? What are you doing up? You shouldn't be on your feet!" I say getting out of bed and helping him sit down on my bed. I'm standing in front of him with my arms crossed. He doesn't say anything for a while, he just stares at my eyes and I at his.

"Thank you." He says. "For everything you've done and for believing in me." I put my hand on his shoulder. 

"Your welcome." I sit back on my bed an he turns so he is able to see my face.

"I probably killed that man and if it weren't for you I don't know what I would have done. Your amazing." He says with a smile. I can't help myself from laughing. He thinks I'm amazing? He most have a very different definition of what amazing is.

"You think I'm amazing for just saying you didn't kill that man?!" I ask in disbelieve. He shakes his head.

"You're an incredible fighter, you are smart, you're like a doctor and you're kind. Besides you are the only one that thinks I didn't kill that man." He says.

"Yeah but-" I start to say.

"How do you know I didn't kill him?" He asks, interrupting me.

I take a deep breath. 

"Because..." I start. "When I still couldn't control my animal transformation, I completely lost control. An innocent woman died because of it. I killed a woman in cold blood and I couldn't stop myself." I look away from him as his eyes widen in surprise.

"I tried so hard to forget but I couldn't...I can still remember the sound of her bones breaking in my hands. I can still remember the feeling of my claws digging into her skin, but worst of all I can still remember how I ripped her apart and felt happy about it..." I say quietly. Only silence answers me. 

"So no, I don't think you killed that man because if you had lost control and killed him you would have remembered." I say firmly.

"I-I am so sorry, I didn't mean-" I stop him before he can finish. I don't want to hear his sympathies and it doesn't matter if he feels sorry, because that won't help me at all.

"Stop, I don't want to hear it. I didn't tell you to hear how sorry you are, I told you so you would stop feeling so depressed and start helping us catch whoever or whatever killed that man." I am getting irritated for some reason.

"You're right." He says. "I shouldn't be acting like this. I'll try to help out more." He stands up and walks to the door.

"Wait! I didn't mean it that way, I'm sorry I just got angry at for no reason." I say.

"Don't worry about it, you were right. I'm sorry, too." He smiles and leaves.

I fall back on my bed, eventually a fall asleep but I have a nightmare of breaking bones and ripping flesh.