Twelve

~Two hours later: Hydra Lab~

My emerald eyes flash open, taking in my surroundings. I seemed to still be in the lab, but alone this time as I couldn't hear any breathing or movement. The restraints had been removed, allowing me to move freely once more. I glance down at my wrists, which were slightly bloody and a deep red. Sighing, I stand up and exit the destroyed lab, stepping over a body on my way out. A body?! Freezing in my tracks, I see a young man lying face-down on the floor. I flip him onto his back, seeing the icy blue eyes, now dull and lifeless. Tyler.

Looking around once more, I catch a shadow skimming the ceilings. Before I can make a move, he drops down beside me. "Hela! Are you alright?" It was James deep clear voice. He eyes my bloody and broken wrists and scarred neck concernedly and picks me up, carrying me in his strong arms. "I'm fine. Did you see-"

"Tyler? Yeah, I... I killed him." He mutters quickly as we begin walking.

"James! You can't just... what about Director Lewis?"

"It's fine Hela, all taken care of, just need to get you away from here."

"What... you mean now?" I was confused by his words. Why were we leaving? How did he manage to take out Tyler?

"Yes, now. I'll keep you safe Hela, I promise." He presses his lips to my forehead lightly and smiles. Blushing a bit, I smile back weakly before closing my eyes. Warm and comfortable in his arms, I fall asleep.

~Avengers Jet: Third Person POV~

Hela was still asleep in James arms, exhausted from the night's events. They sat in a private jet courtesy of Tony Stark himself. James had contacted the Avengers soon after realizing he had been wiped and after much arguing, persuading, and a bit of shawarma, they decided to help James escape Hydra's clutches. It was a bit more complicated then James had originally thought, as he was not aware of the fact that Hela was wanted by SHIELD. But seeing as James meant no threat, and that Hela could be contained they agreed to help them. Hela begins to stir as James applies bandages on her wounds gently. Her eyes widen as she takes in her view. "James, where the hel are we?!"

Clint chuckles and nods in Steve's direction who shakes his head.

"Welcome to the Avengers Jet, my friend." Hela looks up and sees Tony in a seat across from her. She rolls her eyes annoyed. "Care to explain James?"