Chapter 13

"Seriously?" Cody asked. "There are two of you?"

Obi rolled his eyes. "There used to be hundreds of us."

"Hate to interrupt storytime, but where are we going?" I asked, sauntering the room

"The Dagobah system." A small set of marbles sat on a table in the "living area" of my starship. I sat down and absentmindedly began to play with them using the Force. Cody and Obi-Wan were murmuring in hushed tones, no doubt arguing about my future. Still flicking the marbles between my fingers, I listened in.

'How do we know this other Jedi Master can help Skylar? Why can't you train her?" Cody asked.

"Yoda will be able to train Skyalr. Even better than I can." Obi said back.

"Why can't Skylar chose what she wants to do?" I ask, flicking a marble at Cody's shaggy blond head. I flicked another marble at him and grinned.

"On your left!"

"Anyway," Cody said grinning back. "We just want you to be safe and become a Jedi, Skylar. You have to let us help you."

"Awwww, thanks Cody," I said, touched by his words.

It was rare that I let others worry about me and let them help me. My foster family had always wanted me and helped me, but I always felt that I was missing. . . a true family. Like my family being human instead of T'wleik. I remember staring into a mirror when I was about two, wondering why I had long, softly curled black hair and blue eyes when the rest of my family had different coloured skin and lekku. I had always dreamed about my real mom and dad. I glanced at Obi and Cody. For these past five years, these two had become my family. I would do anything for them.

"What ever happened to my foster family?" I asked suddenly. I hadn't really thought about them, but I had been having dreams recently. . . Obi Wan looked at me.

"I left them on Ryloth, but I don't know what has happened to them in these 5 years." I frowned. What if Vader had them? That would explain the dreams. . . right?

*************************

That night, I tossed and turned restlessly. Images kept dancing just out of my reach. Then, the dream started.

Ilea's face was contorted in pain, and she was screaming in terror. A huge monster stalked around her, jaws dripping with saliva. Kruss was shouting nearby as a giant worm thing cackled. Kola and Lynn Me were dancing, thick chains wound around their necks. The air was smoky and strange creatures howled and cackled. A thing in armour carried a huge blaster, and pointed it at Ilea.

"Skylar! Skylar!" she screamed.

I woke up in a cold sweat. My family was in danger! I had to save them. Cody had Obi had to understand. But would they let me go?

"I don''t care, even if they say no," I promise. "I will save them."

**********************************

So sorry for not updating last week! I'll make it up to you. Today(July 1, Happy Canada Day to my Canadian readers!) is my birthday! (Hope some of you are singing :) No body has gotten the quote(s) from last chapter! Next week I will be telling you guys the quote from chapter 12. Have fun with this chapter's quote.