Chapter 17

"Boba Fett?" I asked. "Who's that?"

"One of the most feared Bounty Hunters in the galaxy. Your father must have sent him to find us."

"How did he find us?"

"I don't know. Bounty hunters tend to be mysterious. I was just about able to track down Boba's father years ago. . ." Obi-Wan's voice trailed off. I sensed a story here, but I didn't want to pry.

"So," I asked softly. "What's the plan of attack?" I heard a faint popping  from outside, and I grimaced. Their small, hand held blasters shouldn't be able to breach the hull, but what if they pulled out the big guns? If they damaged the ship, we'd never be able to escape. We had been crouched by the ramp for almost half and hour, waiting for them to make their move.

"Well, what are they waiting for?" I snapped, rubbing a cramp that had developed in my left thigh. I was tired, hungry and just fed up with waiting.

"Have some patience Skylar." Obi said. "They want us to attack them, and sadly I don't think we can take them all on." I peered outside and gulped. Three aliens were rolling a huge blaster cannon towards my ship.

"Uh, Obi-Wan," I said softly."We've got a huge problem here. They're going to blast my ship!" Obi looked out the window. 

"Well, I'm surprised it took them so long," he muttered." He suddenly straightened and headed toward the cockpit. "Do you think they've . . ." His voice trialed off as he disappeared around a corner. I shot to my feet and scrambled after him, my hand never leaving the hilt of my lightsaber.

"What were you saying?" I asked, perching on the pilot seat.

"Do you think that they have stopped overridding the controls?" My mouth gaped open. That was genius!

"I hope so," I murrmered, flicking switches and hoping that an idiot was watching my ship. All the controls turned gren and I grinned.

"Yes! Let's go!" Obi-Wan collapsed into the co-pilot seat and I fired up the engines. Blue heat shot out and knocked over aliens as we shot out of the bigger ship. Bright red lasers fanned out behind us and Obi-Wan muttered under his breath. The lasers then began to find their mark, peppering the hull with dull thuds. I held in a groan. We weren't going to make it out of here without seriously damaging my ship. I gazed outside at huge blue and green planet below us.

"I'm going to have to land down there," I said to Obi-Wan. "Do you have any idea what planet that is?" He shrugged.

"Looks like we're going to find out."

_______________________________________________________________________
Aboard The Executor

"Lord Vader, you have an incoming transmission." Vader waved a gloved hand and the officer backed out of the room. A tiny flickering blue image of a figure cloaked in Mandalorian armor.

"Is it done?" Vader rasped. Boba Fett nodded.

"They took the bait. We've just finished herding them onto the planet now. Darth On'kyash is awaiting orders."

"Excellent." The image of Boba disappeared and Vader leaned back. Darth On'kyash would give Skylar a few gentle nudges down the slope of the dark side, and then Vader would step in and complete her training. It wouldn't be long before he was fianlly able to gaze upon his daughter's face. And nothing, not even Obi-Wan or the Emperor could come between them.