Chapter 14

Aboard The Executor

Darth Vader paced around his personal quarters, haunted by the appearance of Qui-Gon Jinn. His breathing grew more laboured as he fought the pull of the lightside, trying to drag him from the shadows he now called home. A buzzing interrupted his thoughts. A huge holo of Darth Sidious flickered to life.

"Lord Vader," he rasped. Vader collapsed to one knee.

"I feel it again. . . the pull to the light. Show me again . . . the power of the darkness," Vader said.

"Find young Skywalker, you must. She must not be allowed to become a Jedi. Headed to another Jedi Master she is."

"Master Yoda." Anger stirred in Vader's stomach. Master Yoda. . .

"I will be able to turn her against Obi-Wan." Sidious paused, his eyes drifting shut. Vader sensed he was reaching out with the Force.

"Skywalker and Obi-Wan are joined by a rouge stormtrooper, CY-7812. Kill him."

"As you wish, Master."

************************
Aboard Rouge Starfall

"No."

"But-"

"No way. I won't let you." Obi said the next morning. After a whole night of tossing and turning and having several more dreams, I woke up in cold sweat and left my bed. I wandered into the cockpit where I spent the rest of the night, curled up in the piolet Obi-Wan found me the next morning, shivering and crying in my sleep.

"Let Cody go. He will save them. Skylar- the galaxy needs you. I am growing old. Master Yoda is . . . getting on in years. You are the start of the next generation of Jedi Knights." Cody grinned at me.

"Don't worry, Skylar. I can save them. And I know exactly who has them." Cody held up a hand as I opened my mouth to ask a question. "Jabba the Hutt has them on Tatooine. I encountered him on a mission years ago. Plus," he added,"It only takes an extra day to reach Dagobah from Tatooine."I grinned shakily.

"Are you sure you can save them?" Cody nodded.

"Matter of fact, here we are at Tatooine." Obi-Wan said, striding out of the cockpit. I followed him and Cody back into the cockpit as we approached the planet. I studied it, noting the seemingly endless supply of what appeared to be sand. As we dipped into the atmosphere, twin suns glared down on the barren planet. I guided my starship a nearby city, worried about my family. Eyeing the people, I noticed they all wore rough, dirty clothes and something to cover their heads. Different species of aliens strolled in between the rows of sandstone buildings, each one looking just like it's neighbour.

"Is this a good place to set down?" I ask Cody.

"Sure. I can always bribe someone to take me to Jabba's Palace."

"With what money?" I respond, laughing. If anyone could find and rescue my family, it would be Cody. Cody laughed as I lowered the ramp to the outside world. A searing wave of heat hit me as I stepped outside to bid Cody farewell.

"Be careful!" I called, watching as Cody slipped into the knots of people and disappeared. I caught of brief glimpse of his shaggy blond hair at the edge of the first crowd before he was swallowed again by another crowd.

I strode up the ramp and back into the cockpit. I was still looking back on the planet as I zoomed out of the atmosphere and made the jump to hyperspace. I wandered back into the living area and picked up my lightsaber. With a snap-hiss, I ignited the saber and picked up a sphere. Turning it on, it began to shoot small red lasers at me as I easily deflected them. I closed my eyes and let the Force guide me, trusting it instead of my eyes. I opened my eyes as Obi-Wan walked in, holding his lightsaber.

"This is too easy," I said, flicking my lightsaber off. Obi-Wan ignited his blade and swung it back and forth. I grinned at his challenge and ignited my blade. I swung for his head, and he easily deflected my blow. We danced around each other, swinging and ducking and jabbing. After several minutes, Obi-Wan gained the upper hand, pushing me back. He swung for my legs, and as I blocked, he kicked my wrist and sent my lightsaber flying.

Rubbing my wrist, I said," I guess you win." Obi-Wan grinned.

"You still can't beat me." I shrugged.

"I beat you on Naboo. Twice."

"Twice compared to the dozens of times I've beaten you?" I hung my head mockingly and smiled. I was glad for the distraction Obi-Wan was providing. A whole day of being cooped up in the ship, with nothing to do except block out the voice. The voice had be growing stronger, pestering me even when I wasn't angry or afraid, and then it had stopped. But with Cody being gone and my family being held hostage, there was lots of anger stirring in my heart. Anger I wasn't sure I could keep at bay. . .

*******************
The quotes from chapter 12 were "These are your first steps," from Star Wars The Force Awakens, and the other one was "I forgot you don't like flying," from Star Wars Attack of the Clones.