Chapter 22

May 30th (Saturday)

I, James Taylors the Third, Prince of London, pronounce the next born son in this family to become the crowned Prince like I have been for my life. I also grant him my personal sword used in the Battle of Bridgehem, and my personal belongings, including his stay in my castle. 

That was it. That was what my great-great-great grandfather had written. I thought wills were supposed to be....more like a testimony.  Either way, I'm still the crowned Prince. 

Who knew my mom was a descendant of a Prince. A Prince. Imagine this happened to you. Would you react the same way I did?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, Jackson, which career would you have taken if you weren't in this....situation." the King asked me over a very...very formal dinner. 

We were currently sitting in a large dining room. A LARGE dining room.

" I was thinking about something in business.." I said, trying not to sound awkward. Asking this question is like telling a kid they can't always get what they want.

"Hmm. You seem more right to be a Prince. Wouldn't you say so, Arial?" he asked his wife. 

"Of course, Jackson, I know you are destined for greatness." she said, nodding, her eyes filled with motivation. 

I couldn't take it. She looked like an exact copy of my mother. My emotions were getting all jumbled as I felt the lump on my throat. 

"Are you alright, son?" the King asked, in concern. 

"Yes, may I be excused?" I said. Manners matter, apparently as Prince, manners were like the Holy Grail. Beloved by all and all who seek it. 

I looked towards each of them as they nodded. When I looked at Queen Arial, she gave a small, but sorrowful smile. 

I slowly got up, pushing the chair in and waked out of the room. 

I began walking.

Walking to wherever these hallways took me. 

After about half an hour of exploring, I stopped at the highest balcony. Leaning against the balcony, I saw the whole kingdom. The vastness was beauty, but also terrifying. 

You're going to have to rule these people, an inner voice told me. 

Sighing, I closed my eyes. I felt as if the weight of the Earth was on my shoulders. 

"Jackson." I heard a voice call to me. 

I turned around, seeing the Queen as she walked up the stairs, slowly, carefully. 

I rushed to help her up. "Did you come all the way here?" I asked, as if a dad asked his daughter if she went to a party without his permission.

"Yes. Jackson, I know why your uneasy." she said in a motherly tone. 

I looked down. Then, not knowing it would happen. She wrapped her arms around me, in a warm, embracing hug. 

I hugged back, feeling at ease. 

"It's about your mother." she whispered as she pulled back. I looked down, sighing, nodding my head slightly.

"Me and your mother were close. She always fantasized of being here in the castle, having the first baby boy after Great Grandpa James sent out his will." she began, smiling in remembrance.  " To her luck, she was the one with the baby boy after all." 

I smiled. Well, at least I did something right, I thought.

"Jackson, just know, she still has a chance." Queen Arial said, looking out to the view.

"I hope so." I muttered, saying I was tired and left to go to my room. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the wait...writers block 

Vote, Comment, and Follow.

-S.Dragon ;)