Chapter 40

"Is-Isabella?!" I shouted, looking at the girl sitting on the floor.

Her eyes were wide, as she stared into my eyes. 

I looked at what she was wearing. The blue Cinderella dress from the ball. Of course! How can I be so blind. 

It was her all along. 

She is my Cinderella. 

Isabella began to blink a few times and sway without balance. 

She was going to faint I thought as soon as her eyes closed and she began to fall backwards. 

I rushed towards her before her head hit the floor and gathered her up in my arms bridal style. She was really light. Lighter than before. They probably locked her up in here because she went to the party without their permission, I thought.

As I picked her up, the thing in Cinderella's hand fell. It was a glass slipper. 

I smiled as I saw the sparkling heel that fell on the creaky floor board. 

Walking towards the exit I saw the "Family" stand on the stairs in shock as they looked to me, then to her. 

"Isabella!" her father shouted in joy.

I scoffed at him and to that he looked at me in shock mixed with confusion.

I slowly walked down the stair with the four following. 

I wanted to beat all of them to death.

"Jackson, what's wrong?" Mr. Canders asked. 

"First of all, you don't even give your daughter enough attention. You leave her in the care of these three arrogant barbie doll humans. I think Violet has more heart than both of you." I said pointing at Vanessa and her mom. 

"Second, you lock a girl in an attic for hours. Don't you know she could die?! Oh wait, that's why you did it in the first place right?!" I said to Mrs. Stephan who had her lips parted in shock. 

"She's coming with me. She'll be safe." I said, getting slightly quieter. 

"I'll marry her." I said, looking at her as she stirred in her death like sleep. 

"B-but.." Vanessa began. 

"Shut up. You don't deserve to be married to me. A pile of shit can replace you, to be honest!" I spat. 

And she finally shut up. 

The father and Violet looked guilty while Vanessa and her mom looked scared and pathetic. 

This is the exact reaction I wanted. 

"Jackson?" I heard Isabella whisper. 

She looked pale and weak. 

"Shh. You're okay. You're safe now. You're with me." I said, reassuringly. 

That's when a tear left her eyes. 

"May I speak to you alone?" she asked, slowly getting up. 

"Yes, but stay here." I said and turned to the family. "Get out." I commanded and they all scurried away like rats. 

"You didn't have to be that demanding you know?" she said. 

I sighed and brought up a chair to sit next to the coach she was laying on. 

"I'm just not in the mood for giving them my respect anymore." I said, looking guilty. 

"I understand." she said quietly. 

"Why didn't you tell me you were Cinderella at the party?" I asked. 

"I-I was scared..that you didn't like Isabella. So acting like another girl so you could be friend her would have been safer than revealing myself." she said, playing with her fingers guilty. 

"Cinderella?" I asked.

"Hmm?" 

"Do you love me?" I whispered. 

Isabella looked me in the eyes.

"Maybe?" she said and I chuckled at that. 

Well you know what I said picking her up. 

"I love you, a lot." I said, throwing her up in the air. 

"Jackson! Put me down!" she yelled, with the last of the strength she had.

"Not until you answer my question." I laughed. 

"Okay, okay." she said, trying to stop laughing. 

"Do you?" I asked. 

"Yes." she whisper and I finally saw a real smile on her face. 

I kissed her. My life was finally falling into place and it was all because of one special girl. 

-------------------------------------------

SCREAMS OF JOY!!

Vote, Comment, and Follow.

-S. Dragon ;)