2- Flashback

(A/N continuing the flashback. Roraline__Crawford #RarryForLife xD)

2- Flashback

Angel's POV

*Continue Flashback*

"Yes mother?" I say coming down the stairs, after calling out to her twice asking what she wanted, so I had to come down and see what she wanted. I hate when someone calls you and you call out to them and they don't respond, so you have to get up even though you were so comfy and see what they want. This is my mom, so I should listen.

"There you are." She says, as she pours cooked pasta into a strainer.

"I called out to you, no answer." I shrug

"Angela please." When mom says my full name, I cringed. I've been going by Angel for a long time, but mom, of course, is going to use the name she gave me when I was born. I'm not complaining, though.

"Can you stir the sauce and then set the table?" She asks. I nodded.

After setting the table and stirring the sauce, mom mixed the sauce with the pasta and I set the homemade garlic bread on the table. We sat down in silence, as usual. That's how our dinners always went.

My dad left when I was 3. You see mom was married to her job. Everything revolved around her job. She was always working. She wants to be the head manager or some shit like that in the business she's working in. So she never wastes any time in working.

Of course when she had me she had to take some time off, but after I was old enough, according to her, she went back to work. I grew up in daycare. Mom blames me for not having the position she wanted. If she didn't have me she would've had it. Since she had me she had to take a lot of time off. She never makes me forget it. It's been years and she always brings it up. Dad was fed up with her crap, so he left. He felt like the marriage he was in wasn't an actual marriage. He wasn't happy, I don't blame him though. You can't force someone to be happy. I hope he's happy. Even though I should hate him for leaving, I would want what's best for him.

"So, how was school?" Mom finally breaks the silence. This isn't new. I know where this is going. First, she's going to make this about me and then flip the switch in a blink.

"It was school. Same ol, same ol. I met some new people, they seem nice." I shrug, playing with my pasta.

"Angela, don't play with your food." She scolds, I set my fork down.

"Are they good people?" She asks. "The friends you make influence you as a person and a character."

"I just met them, I don't know much, but give me some time." I say, taking another garlic bread.

"Well, at least you're being social." She says.

I roll my eyes. I grew up a very quiet, distant child. I blame her for that. I was always around kids growing up you would think I wouldn't be that way. The truth is I only act like I'm distant when I'm home so I don't have to deal with her and her scolding about the friends I make or people I talk to in general.

Mom continued to lecture me 'bout people and their actions having an influence on others for some reason as she spoke Liam came to my mind . His chocolate, puppy eyes, his hair, everything about him had me in a daze.

"Do you understand?" She asks and I snap out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, sure." I nod.