*Chapter 17*: Proposals and Blushing Boys.

Riya's POV:

I couldn't make the grin go away from my face even after I ended the Facetime call with Arya.
Was it actually a slip of tongue? Was Arya about to use the l word on me? I was so happy, I felt like jumping up high and touching the ceiling. It had felt so nice to hear his voice after so many days. The care and concern he showed for me already made me feel special. I was dazedly smiling goofily, recalling the call and how handsome he looked when my friend Meera popped up in front of me, waving her hands in front of my face.

"Riya, Riya, come back down to earth," she said, grinning widely.

When I turned to look at her, she pounced on me, suffocating me with her usual tight hugs.

Kajal and Nikita were standing side by side grinning. And Desh had his arm casually slung over Rahul's shoulder. The duo looked so adorable together that I couldn't help but tease them endlessly whenever I had an opportunity.

"Desh, shifting so soon from one person to another, aren't we?"

"When was there another person?"

I fake gasped.
" How COULD you?"

He caught on to my act and went along with it.

" Don't worry, I will never betray you my love," he said cheekily in a playful manner.

Satisfied, I ran over to him and kissed his cheek.

Ruffling his hair, I said " That's my boy."

By this time, the whole room was staring at us, including Rahul, who had an uncomfortable expression on his face. I don't know if it was because I was indirectly teasing him or because of the tiny bit of PDA. Huh.

Seeing their curious glances, made me make eye contact with Desh and we both smirked simultaneously and started laughing. We couldn't hold it in any longer.
It was all a farce. We were fooling around as usual and our friends had fallen for it. Only Anandith realized.

" They aren't together, you dumbheads. They were fooling you, cause you bunch of people are so gullible. Youth these days I swear," he said, shaking his head from side to side, like he was already a grandfather.

Surprisingly Anandith had also come over to watch Meera strangle me to death. Everybody was so sadistic.

The moment I left Desh, Meera caught me in her hold again. I swear this girl was crazy about hugs.

"Riya's mine, you dare take her," she said to Desh, waving her pointer finger at him.

"All yours, my lady," he said bowing down. "After all, I have this kid," he said crushing Rahul to his side.

"Hey what the hell, I am not some piece of clothing that can be sold from one shop to another. I have a choice too. And I choose neither of you. Meera you have Manan. I choose you Kajal. "

"Love you too Ri..." she said with a wink.

Poor Rahul looked like he wanted to run away. Firstly he hated hugs. And secondly, Desh was acting too cozy for him even though it was playful. Or was it?

He started squirming and trying to get away.

"Now now, what did I tell you last time about wriggling like a caterpillar? It is sending me very wrong signals right now you know."

Rahul's face turned a bright shade of red. He tried saying something, but no words came out of his mouth. For some reason, it was always fun to tease him, just because he was afraid of affection and anything remotely physical.