Chapter 22: Aftertaste

I woke up in the doctors office on one of those beds the patients sit on. I remembered exactly what happened the night before. I had a hard time forgetting...

I just can't lose Carl, I've already lost Adam and my dad and my mom and I just can't lose Carl. Rosita and Tara and Eugene and Michonne were all either standing or sleeping. Where on earth is Maggie and Daryl and Carol??!

I sat up and all the people who were awake said "good morning" and I did back. Maggie came out of the bathroom in the building shaking her hands to dry them. "THANK GOD YOURE OKAY!!" I yelled jumping off the bed to hug her.

"Oh my god Kris!!" she said with years in her eyes. "I missed you" she hugged back.

"how'd you get off that thing?" I asked. "well that's actually what I wanted to show you" she replied. Show me? "follow me" she said grabbing my hand pulling me outside. She was now pulling me to someone's house. Once we got in there there was alexandrians  and some other people.

The door shut making a loud noise. After that everyone turned around and I saw two faves I was dying to see. "GLEN?!!" I yelled in relief. He was okay! My best friend was okay. "KRIS!!" he said happily with the biggest smile on his face.

I walked up to him and hugged him so tightly as well did he. "I'm so glad you're alright" I whispered crying. "I'm glad you're good too!" he said. As we pulled away he said "well it's not like I should've been worried because you're a kick ass, tough girl." he laughed.

I laughed too. "um hello?!" Enid said jokingly. "Hi my best friend" I smiled and hugged her too. "aw I thought I was your best friend!" Glenn said pouting. "you both are!" I smiled.

I'm so happy Glenn's okay!! I'm happy Enid's okay too but she's hardcore and I knew nothing bad to would happen to her

But Carl's still out and I'm just hoping he's alright. He's the one I care about the most and I don't want anything happen to him. I hope he wakes up sometime soon. I miss him.

Maggie, Glenn, Enid and I walked out of the house into the open space with all the dead walkers lying on the ground. Gabriel was walking around Alexandria. He quickly starred at me then looked away.

I looked at him angrily. "what's wrong?" Maggie asked looking at my facial expressions. "what? uh nothing" I say looking down. "what happened?" she said wide eyed. I pulled Maggie to the side and told her about how he wanted to kill me. "don't worry I'll keep a look out for him" Maggie said sincerely. "I think he's more afraid of me than I am of him" I laughed.

We walked into the doctors office and everyone hugged Glenn. The 4 of us went into the room Carl was in. "What's in this room?" Glenn asked as we were in our way to the room.

We walked in and instantly everyone got tears in their eyes. Rick was still sitting there by Carl's side. Rick and I both looked down not wanting to answer but I looked at Rick like 'can I tell them?' and he nodded.

"Last night... we needed a way to get out, so all 9 of us found a way to get out. Rick said you guys did it before." I said looking at Glenn. "So we put on some bed sheets and covered them with walker guts.

We walked out hand in hand. Gabriel took Judith to the church so then there was only 7 of us left. Sam got scared then got bit. Then Jessie. Then that ass Ron got his gun out and wanted to shoot us. Michonne sliced his neck and he shot a bullet, we all thought we were okay until Carl turned around...

And his eye was shot out" I say crying and looking a my fiddling hands.

"No" Glenn said under his breath. Everyone with teary eyes looked at Carl and held his hand then walked out.

About 20 minutes later Rick and I were still with Carl. "Hey Kris I was going to go on a run today and I could really use a kick ass teenage girl, wanna come?" he asked laughing. "haha sure" I smiled.

Half an hour passed and I was so bored, I was in the room with Carl and no one to keep me company until I realized I could go get Enid. All the adults were in a meeting right now that Rick held.

I put on my combat boots and rushed out of the door. On my way to Enids house I spotted 3 figures in the distance. One warring a suit and 2 falling slightly behind him.

I couldn't tell if they were walkers or people. I got my gun out of my holster just to get ready just in case. When they got closer I realized one of them had bright fiery orange hair.

I saw Abraham, Sasha and DARYL!!!! I booked it up to them. As soon as I got to them I embraced Daryl with the tightest hug I could give. "Senior ass kicker you're okay!!" he said in relief. I smiled. "well I'm not surprised because after all your name is 'senior ass kicker'" he smiled. I then hugged Sasha and saluted Abraham (it's a thing we do as a joke)

"What the hell happened here?" Daryl asked stepping over walkers. "hell went down" I replied looking down sadly.

A lot of things happened over night that I really didn't feel like explaining again. If someone else wanted to know they can asked a different person because it just made me sad to think about what occurred.

Daryl told me that they ran into this group of bikers who told them that their property belonged to 'Negan' it's weird because I've heard that name before but I honestly forget now.

It was before the apocalypse because I remember hearing that name.

After the meeting everyone was so surprised to see Abraham and Daryl and Sasha. People hugged them and talked to them.

"So Kris was telling me about this run your aboutta go on, can I go?" Daryl asked Rick. "What no Daryl you just got here-" I tried to say but Daryl cut me off. "ya and now I wanna go so let's go" he said swinging his crossbow on his shoulder.

Why does he want to go so bad. "well if you want to come then let's go. It's going to get dark soon so we better should go now" Rick replied. I checked my phone watch and it was 12:17. It must have been a long day for Rick so he thought that it was way later than it actually was.

I went inside the doctors office and grabbed my backpack. Michonne walked out of the room Carl was in and talked to me. "be safe. You hear me? Carl's alive and when we wakes up and hears something happened to you, he'll be heart broken, along with everyone else. You're such a sweet girl and everyone adores you so be safe okay?" Michonne told me.

"yes mom" I laughed rolling my eyes and then hugged her. I walked out the door to see Rick and Daryl waiting for me. "ready?" they asked me at the same time. "hope so..." I replied and got into the car and we drive off.

If something bad happens at Alexandria or to us on this run... I'm done.

------------------------------------
Hey guys TWD in 2 days I'm so excited. I wrote the end of this chapter based on next weeks episode which is in 2 days like I said!!!

I'm so excited to write more and more chapters for this book!!!

The last chapter of season 6 is very exciting so get excited and tell your friends who love TWD about my book!:) byeeee