Chapter 23: Piece By Piece

About 2 months had already passed by. Carl was good as new, Judith was getting older, and Michonne and Rick started to have a stronger bond.

I spent my morning with my favorite people. Rick and Michonne were talking while Carl and I were talking in Carl's bedroom. "Carl?!!" Rick yelled. "I'll be back one second" he said kissing my cheek.

Carl was holding the tennis ball we were playing catch with. I just sat there eating my cereal and looking around. I remembered when I first met Carl and how I ran into him. I laughed at the thought.

"Kris come here!" Carl yelled. "coming" I said running up the stairs. I finally got there and stood in the doorway. "kiss" Michonne said looking at Carl and I. "why?" I questioned laughing.

"just kiss" Rick said as Carl pushed his lips on to mine. We pulled away and then turned to Judith to see she was giggling and flailing her arms around.

"why did you need to see that?" I confusedly asked. "to see how much my son really loves you" Rick smiled. Carl looked embarrassed and I was blushing so much and smiling so big.

I walked back downstairs to finish my cereal. Carl cane down a bit after me. I looked at his right eye covered with a white eyepatch. I remembered 2 months ago when that incident happened....

Carl sat beside me facing me. "I love you" he said grabbing my hand. "aw haha I love you too" I said eating my cereal with my right hand while he held my left. I haven't made eye contact with him yet because he always says he loves me.

"no like I really really love you" he says wanting me to make eye contact with him. I turned around and looked right into his eyes. I grabbed his face pushing his lips on to mine. He smiled in between the kisses.

"you make me so happy" he laughed. "you're so cute!!!" I screamed. Rick walked down the stairs buckling up his belt. "I'm goin on a run with Daryl" He said as he kissed Carl and I's heads.

"be safe!!" I yelled as he walked out the door. "bring me back some orange soda!!" Carl yelled as rick shut the door. "hope he gets me that soda" he laughed and I laughed as well.

About 40 minutes later I was talking to Enid. "ya your party was so fun!" I said to her as we talked about her birthday party. Like I said her birthday was a month after mine so her birthday was last month.

We were talking on the bench and then Carl came over carrying a black bag of something. "wanna go into the woods?" Carl asked. "are you crazy?!" I replied. "only crazy for you" he winked with his left eye. I laughed and rolled my eyes. "Carl no that's ridiculous!" Enid said looking away.

"ohh cmon it'll be fun!" he said. Hesitantly Enid replied back "fine" and stood up. "What no!!! Enid, Carl we could die out there!" I yelled. "Kris we know how to survive.. plus if any monsters try to eat you I'll protect you" he said talking to me in a little kid voice.

"FINE!!!" I yelled grabbing his hand to pull me up.We walked into the woods and I was already scared. We followed Carl and when we finally stopped he just sat on the ground. "what?" I said confused. He opened the black bag and pulled out some comics.

He handed Enid and I one. "We came out here to read?" I asked. "why?" Enid added. "it gets too loud in there and I just wanted peace and quiet. I sat down beside Carl and so did Enid.

A while later we were still reading until we all heard a crack. "what the hell was that?" I asked. We saw two people walk by and it was Michonne and Spencer. "it's just Michonne and Spencer" Wnid said looking up then looking down back at her book.

A few minutes later we heard another crack. "what was that?!" I asked. "Kris stop being so paranoid it's probably just Michonne and Spencer again" Carl said not even looking up. "no Carl it's- it's a walker" I said with my shakey voice.

I noticed that it wasn't just any walker, it was Deanna. Enid was about to shoot it when Carl threw her gun on the ground. "No!" Carl yelled. Enid picked up her gun and said "what the hell is wrong with you" "she's Spencer's mom. Now just go, you don't even want to be out anyways and you said it!" Carl said clenching his teeth. Enid waited and then ran away back to Alexandria.

I sat on the ground while Carl was holding the walker back. "let's go" he said. "where are we going?" I questioned. "to give her to Spencer" he said pushing walker Deanna infringe of him and guiding her.

I followed behind Carl as we went to find Spencer and Michonne. After a while of walking we finally found the 2 of them. "what's that?" Michonne asked as she was about to swing her sword and saw Carl and I.

"this this I why I was out here" Spencer said. Spencer was hesitant to kill her until finally he did. "what are you two doing out here?!" She whisper yelled at Carl and I. "I'm wondering the same thing" I rolled my eyes

"Kris and I never get alone time and I wanted to spend some time with her" he said grabbing my hand. "we always sp-" I tried to say but Carl cut me off "shh"

"Kristen can I talk to you?" Michonne asked me. "ya sure" I replied as Carp and Spencer went to walk back to Alexandria.

"so as you know Rick and I have been spending a lot of time together recently.." She tried to say. "NO!!" I screamed like a fangirl. "yes.." she said back. "OH MY GOSH YOU HAVE FEELINGS FOR RICK!!!!!" I yelled. "shhh!" she laughed.

"then tell him! Kiss him!" I said excitedly. "kris, I can't just kiss him!" she said. "sure you can! just go in for it" I shrugged. "I always wanted you two to get together!! hmm what would your ship name be?! Mick? No... Michick? Noo...RICHONNE!!" I yelled.

"whatever let's get back" she rolled her eyes and grabbed my hand. We finally got back to Alexandria. Rick and Daryl weren't back yet but I'm sure they will soon. The sun was starting to set and I just wanted to spend some time alone reading.

I walked into Carl and I's house but he wasn't in there. I went upstairs and put on gray track pants and a black hoodie. I grabbed a book and jumped on the bed. I put my feet under the sheets and read a book called hypnosis.

It was about this guy and someone hypnotised him and he dreamed that people were trying to kill him and there were dead things walking (how ironic). I wondered maybe all this was a dream.... but if it was I never would've met my family today, or my true love Carl.

After about and hour of reading the book I just wanted to check on Carl and to see if Michonne was with Rick or not.

I put on shoes and walked outside. I walked to Ricks house and saw Carl sitting on the porch with Judith. Aww. "hey babe do you know where Michonne is?" I asked him stepping on to the stairs covering myself because I was a bit cold.

"hey beautiful and I think she's in there." he said back. Oooh. "okay thanks. are you coming home soon?" I asked. "yea I just need to put Judith to sleep" he said getting up. "oh I can bring her, I'm going in there anyways." I said. "and thanks for saving from that walker" I said as I say on a step. He then sat on a step too.

He smiled and I grabbed on to Judith and he kissed my cheek walking back to our house. I quietly opened the door and whispered "hello?" I walked up to Ricks room to put Judith away. I walked past a room and saw a man lying down

I walked into the room slowly and caught a better glance at him. He was wearing a beanie, Ye had long hair and a big beard. I was so confused so I walked up the stairs wanting to ask who this guy was.

I guess Michonne isn't in here but I'll find her eventually. I walked up the last step turning into Ricks room. I opened the door and "WOOOOAH" I said loudly not believing what I just saw. Rick and Michonne got up from the bed holding their weapons in front of me.

They were both not clothed. "COVER UPP!!" I yelled closing my eyes and putting my hand over Judith's. They got a blanket and out their weapons down. "I just wanted to know who's the dude downstairs"