Chapter 27: Twice As Far

Heyy guys, I was going to make this chapter up and have Kristen not do the main things but I decided I would! Hope you enjoy:)
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Every damn day is the same around here.. Wake up, get changed, go to Tara's house.. except she isn't here so it's only Denise and I which is fine. I always go to Tara's house in the morning now because we just love our long conversations.

"Tara hasn't been back in a few days" Denise said to me worriedly. "Her and Heath are on a supply run... they'll be fine" I calmed her down. I thought about the fact that I haven't talked to Carl in such a long time.

"hey Denise I'll be right back" I said shutting the front door behind me. I walked down the porch steps and walked quickly. I walked around and couldn't find Carl, in fact I couldn't find anyone.

I jogged around the neighbourhood to try to find someone. "where is everyone?" I asked myself. I was so stupid for not thinking this.. obviously he'd be in his house. I jogged to Ricks house. Their house wasn't that far from Tara's and Denise's.

I opened the door to Rick and Carl's house and walked in with my gun in front of me. I slowly walked into the kitchen and nobody was there, I then walked into the living room and no one was there. I walked up the stairs into the bedrooms and nobody was there either. Every room I checked Carl was not in there.

I walked back down the stairs and slammed the door behind me. I ran around Alexandria looking for anyone at all. I dashed around a corner and bumped into someone. I fell backwards and they did too. It was Rick. I quickly stood up and put both of my hands out to help him up.

He took my hands and I helped him up. "Where's your son?!" I asked. "oh I don't know I thought he was with you" Rick told me. "We haven't talked in days" I said. "don't worry I'll find him" I said patting Ricks shoulder and running off.

I ran every where and talked to everyone and they said they haven't seen Carl. At this point I was getting worried. I decided to check my house because he had to be in there because I haven't checked it yet. It would be weird if I found him in there but, at least I found him.

I slowly walked in and looked in the rooms, I checked my bedroom and Carl was standing in there looking at a picture of us. "Kristennn!!" He looked shocked. Judith was squirming in my bed laughing. " I miss you" I said. "what?" he asked. "I said, I miss you" I smiled. He looked happy beyond belief. He walked over to me and kissed me.

I let our lips go and hugged him tight. I missed Carl so much and even though we have our ups and downs.. I will still care for him. "You're not a very good babysitter" I say pointing at Judith crying in my bed. He went over and picked her up. "Sorry, just a very pretty lady distracted me" He smiled.

"Well I gotta get back, Denise will be worried" I said kissing his cheek and running out of my house. I quickly walked over to Denise's house and saw Rosita, Daryl, and her talking on her porch. I walked over wanting to know what was going on. "I'm not babysitting her myself" Rosita told Daryl.

"What's going on?" I asked. "She's lookin for meds and wants to go out and find em" Daryl said. "You're agreeing to this?" I asked Rosita and Daryl. "not exactly" Rosita said. Denise gave them a 'please pleaaseee' look and Daryl said "fine.." "I'm comin with ya" I added.
•••••••••••••••••••••••

We were in this rusty, tiny car for a while.. in silence. "Daryl" Denise said and he stopped the car because of the fallen tree in the way. "Stay here" Daryl told Denise and Rosita, Daryl, and I got out of the truck. We looked around and killed some walkers and then Rosita told Denise to come out. We walked to the address Denise told us.