Chapter 24 - Welcome to the countryside

After three hours in a car I stepped out, the cool breeze hitting me and I breathed a sigh of relief. I didn’t so much mind the journey, I just hate being confined for long periods of time. The journey itself was… interesting, and by that I mean, I don’t know what to make of it myself.

The morning started pleasantly enough, Drake didn’t reply to my text about Molly and I was still racking my brains about what the note itself meant. So yes, I know it meant she needed help, but what kind of help? And how the hell was I supposed to help her if I couldn’t find her?

Or maybe that was the problem, maybe she had been kidnapped and thus needed me to help her get the hell out of there – which is perfectly plausible until you factor in that no one else is raising an alarm about this. The last person to see her was Kyle and I didn’t have his number – well actually, I didn’t want his number.

I went through the paces of my usual morning routine, my mind still dazed. I even brazenly searched through Molly’s room again, to no avail. I found nothing that would help me.

Just before heading out, I re checked my bags ensuring I had everything and more that I would possibly need.  I texted Tiffany goodbye with a promise of a proper catch up when I get back whilst walking to the Pasquali’s. They were already out and putting their belongings in the car.

“Am I late?” I ask, crap maybe I had been thinking too much.

“No, we’re just eager,” Ralph says, flashing me an enthusiastic smile. 

And that ladies and gentlemen was where things started to get interesting, because I’d never thought I’d be using the words ‘enthusiastic,’ ‘smile’ and ‘Ralph’ in the same sentence. Ever.

His attitude only continued to get happier as we drove further and further away from Dinting and when we stopped at a station or something, he’d become anxious and eager to get out of there. Contrary to Drake who was being all moody and sullen in the car and then changed to slightly more relaxed when we stopped.

It’s like they both had a personality transplant.

The second interesting aspect was that Kyle wasn’t joining us, which meant he was missing too. Now, unless he’s already there I don’t see a logical explanation of where else he would be. I don’t think he’d stay behind because of how enthusiastically he talked about it before.

Which would make Drake the odd one out, Kyle and Ralph seem to love the place and yet Drake didn’t like it. I didn’t know Molly’s stance on it yet – but if she was going there with Kyle and she wrote the note, I take it she doesn’t like it.

Then what the hell was going on in that estate that created such mixed emotions about? Nobody would just write a note asking for help if they were going somewhere they didn’t like. There had to be a reason.  You wouldn’t be that dramatic without good reason.

All this thinking, is making my head hurt, I have no idea what’s going on but my guts telling me it’s something bigger then animal fur trafficking.