Chapter 31- Whose that girl?

A lone tear slides down my cheek as I thought this. Maybe this was too much for me. I didn’t know –

No, stop right there. This is not a pity party for one. I am not going down this road.

Right now I need a plan and in order to create a plan I need some info. I push myself out of the bath and quickly change, scared of missing my opportunity to meet Clara.

I’m hoping she can help me.

Tiptoeing as quietly as I can I make my way out into the wing, a quick check of the time tells me I’ve got fifteen minutes to get down there before the door opens.

I walk past Drake’s door to see it’s open and he’s snoring away blissfully unaware of how much grievous bodily harm I want to do to him right now. That’s right, folks sad Esmeralda has left the building.

He should have a phone right?

He should definitely have a phone and just in case my phone doesn’t work I should take it. After all, we are to be joined in holy matrimony in a few days. I take baby steps walking towards his bed and for the first time in my life I truly feel like a spy.

My efforts aren’t in vain, there on his bedside cabinet I see a phone. Very slowly I reach out and grip the phone, freedom maybe closer than I think.  I run out of his room and place the phone into the hollowed out copy of Moby Dick, only after checking its on silent and has enough battery.

I hide the copy underneath on of the bookshelves and back it right into the corner, no one would even look here unless they were being held captive and had nothing better to do.

My contraption from last night was still there, which saved me time without any hesitation I climbed onto the windowsill and out of the window. This time, I was no longer hesitant about splatting to my death, I had bigger concerns like getting married.

In a matter of minutes, I was on the ground and through the door.  There was no time to dawdle with feelings tonight. In order to get through this, to get far, far away from here I have to keeps all my wits about me.

Wrapping myself up in a duvet, hiding in some corner and waiting for someone else to deal with my problems will not however comforting it sounds be of any help.

Striding into the basement, I follow the faint light that I’m presuming leads me to Clara’s room. Although, it could be a trap but who knows? And more importantly, did I really care right about now?

No, I was way beyond caring at this point.

I knocked slightly on her door before hesitatingly opening it.  I saw a few girls gathered on her bed, huddled over her figure.

“What happened?” I ask, before I can stop myself.

The girls move away from her figure so I could see instead of answering, with a thin cloth covering her modesty the rest of Clara’s torso was exposed.