Chapter 30 Things just went from bad to worse ...

Oh shit.

I turn on my heels, facing Drake trying and failing to think of some sort of excuse.

For God’s sake. Lie!

“Well, Ez?” He asks again, arrogance oozing out of his voice.

Hold on a second there, who does he think he is?

And why, should I be sacred of him? Or even intimidated?

He’s not exactly muscly or even physically fit.

I could so take this fool down.

“Where have I been?” I repeat, and now you know when a girl repeats something you said she’s passed the annoyed mark long ago. Run and hide is all I can advise. Run and hide.

Hell hath no fury….

You’re the one who brings me half way across the fricking country and you’re the one who kept be locked up in here and you have the cheek to ask me, where I’ve been? Where the hell have you been?” I ask incredulously, turning the tables of this argument instantly.

A look of guilt flashes through his eyes before being quickly replaced by boredom.

“I thought you would be over that by now.”

Jheez, does this guy not understand that when you annoy a girl you do everything in your power not to annoy her even more?

Clearly today was a slow day for him.

“You are such an idiot, just you wait until my family find out what you did.”

“Ha. That’s if they find out. You don’t even know what’s going on here, you have no idea what they’ve planned. I did this to keep you safe but if you’re going to be a cow about it you can forget about my help.” He turns to walk away.

“Wait,” I call, swallowing my pride, “what have they got planned for me? What are you talking about?”

“Look, my Dad has some problems, and he thinks that doing a few things will help him solve them. We’ll talk in the morning okay? It’s been a long day.”

I have no choice but to agree with him, I silently trudge through my room, hoping that I could somehow win him over again. Or at least not make him hate me. Couples fight right?  Although, I wouldn’t want to be called couple anymore not with him.

I lay in bed thinking of the nights revelations, tweaking my escape plan accordingly. The most depressing aspect would be that until I know ‘their plan for me’ I wouldn’t be able to do anything.

Morning came and I went into the kitchen hoping that it had been stocked and that Drake was awake, the last thing I needed was more waiting. I was taking it as a good sign that there was food laid out on the breakfast bar.