Chapter 13

March 18, 2017
Amber

     So I finally got to the military ball and I went inside the gym and walked over to the punch bowl to get something to drink. Cortez came over and was talking to me and I looked at him confused and started laughing. I saw Trix over there with Kiara, they looked alright. A couple seconds later Trix was walking up to me asking questions. Trix "So this you now?" "Why does it matter, its not yo business." Trix "I'm just asking a question." Cortez "well yes I am."

     Trix "so this what you like now." "This ain't my boyfriend." Cortez "why you denying it." "I'm not yo fucking girlfriend you call me that every time you see me in the fucking hallway, I never once said you were my boyfriend or no shit in that category." Trix "well..." I cut him off because last time I checked his bitch was over there. "And why the fuck are you over here." Trix "because I was just wondering" "don't fuckin wonder bout me, I aint wondering bout you."

     Trix "why you..." I cut him off again cause I don't wanna hear what he got to say, I don't have time for it. "Who I'm with ain't nun of yo fucking concern." I saw Kiara walking towards us because she was looking for Trix. Cortez "yea come get ya nigga." Kiara "what happened?" Trix "I..-" Amber "he need to mind his business." Kiara "about what?" Amber "me, he don't need to be asking me nun." Kiara "damn he cant ask a question like cut that shit out, he don't want you back so you ain't gotta be so fucking defensive."

      I just tilted my head to the side a little bit wondering if I'm bout to punch this hoe or just hurt her feelings. Before I knew it, I was snatching off my earrings and aiming for her face, but before I hit her Nick grabbed my hand. This mudafucker came out of nowhere, he graduated last year and when I asked him about being my date to the military ball he said OK but that he was going to be late cause he had something to do before. Nick "excuse me but uh this is my girlfriend and y'all get the fuck from over here." Cortez just looked for a minute  before Nick mugged and he just went on bout his business. Kiara and Trix walked off talking shit to each other. "So you made it."

     Nick "I told you I would." "well thank you , for being my date, coming at the time you did, and stopping that." Nick "no need to thank me, I didn't just stop it for you, I stopped it for me too." Amber looked confused "why?" Nick "because over the course of time I've been getting to know you I've falling for you and I want you."  "oh you want me." Nick "yea I do." "Like what you mean tho?" Nick "now you know damn well what I mean." We both started laughing and a slow song started to play. Nick "so can I have this dance?" "Of course you can." We moved slowly on the floor, swaying back and forth, don't know much about slow dancing but it doesn't hurt to try. When the song went off we walked to the bleachers and sat down to just talk.

    Nick "so how about you come to my house tomorrow?" I looked up at him with a glare "to do what, you know about---." This nigga had cut me off. Nick "yes I know about your promise to god." "Oh OK just making sure." Nick "you're going to help me clean up ." "Clean up?" I said a little puzzled. Nick "yea see my momma gone out of town she'll be back Monday and I want her house to sparkle." "Oh aren't you sweet all of a sudden." We both laughed. Nick "no not all of a sudden, been this way." "Mhmm OK I'll be there."

    Nick got up and went to the table that had the food on it. He came back with a plate with little samples of everything. We ate and he sat back down on the bleachers next to me and just leaned his face in just enough for me to catch chills when he breathed on my neck. We both laughed as he saw me shake. "Did you just smell me?" Nick laughing "yea." "Well why?" Nick "because you either always spell like one of three things: baby powder, vanilla, or fruity." "Well Nick, what do you smell tonight?" Nick "fruity like strawberries and raspberries." "Mmmm" Nick "you always smell nice tho." I started to laugh because that comment was funny. "I'm supposed to." Nick "oh yea I know."