Chapter 20

Amber

     Jarelle was in the room again for what must have been the third time since they’d placed me there. Spewing insults and threats about what he was going to do to Nick, Trix was behaving more monstrous than I'd ever known him to be. To make matters worse I was afraid that he was going to rape me in the confines of the secluded room. As he moved closer to me a boom resounded.

      Jarelle jumped with his gun drawn and snatched me up. His eyes were fixated on the door that had just been kicked open. Jarelle “Well, it looks like your boyfriend came to join us.” Jarelle smirked and grabbed me tighter. Before I could respond Nick, Harlem, Rahsaan, Rob, Javon and the rest of Nick's crew were face to face with Jarelle. Nick’s jaws were cinched tight with anger. Nick “Yo, let my girl go. You want me, well here I go, bitch!” Jarelle smiled and pushed me out of the way.

    Instinctively, I ran to his side and placed my arms around him. "I love you baby." Nick "I love you too." When Nick drew his gun so did everyone else. (Jarelle was standing there stupidly waiting for his crew to come. What he didn’t know was that they were already dead. ) Nick “Get out of here now!” He told me never taking his eyes off Jarelle. Nick's crew parted to allow me  to pass through them but before I could reach the exit gun fire erupted. I ran fast, silently praying that Nick made it out alive. I couldn’t fathom the idea of living without him.  He was my everything. I jumped in the passenger side of Harlem's car. Mia "you okay, guhh?" I didn't even notice her sitting there. "Yea, I'm fine."

********

(Nick was feeling a surge of emotions. Things were about to get real ugly and fast. His head was all fucked up. This street shit was getting to be too damn much for him. But could he walk away and leave it alone? The allure of the game was a muthafucka. You risked your life and the lives of your family all for the almighty dollar. At first it started out as a means to survive for Nick but the more money he made the more hustling he did. It was like a drug within itself. But as we all know with more money came more problems. It also brought more bitches. The fast life was what it was about. How had he managed to get so sucked into the game? How had his life ended up in such shambles? He didn’t know how this had happened but he had plans for Jarelle. The bastard had used Amber as a getaway. While the crew had been trying to make sure Amber got out safely, Jarelle had pushed open another door, fired a shot in Ambers direction, and jetted causing wild gun fire to erupt as he snuck out through a secret passage of the old building. Nick became angry all over again thinking about how Jarelle had pulled a fast one. But this wasn’t over by a long shot. Nick had it covered.)

********
May 6, 2017

    Nick held Amber until she fell asleep. He laid her on the bed and covered her up. He had some shit to handle and needed to do it before she woke up. He headed downstairs and grabbed a drink. As he thought about the recent events he tried to focus on what needed to be done but it took a minute to collect his thoughts. He knew that a lot of bloodshed was forthcoming and he couldn't wait. He needed to catch up with Jarelle or Trix whoever came first.

Nick W.

    My phone chimed and it was Rahsaan, Javon, Rob, and Harlem. All with the same message

Rahsaan: we got him
Javon: targeted
Rob: drop
Harlem: BANG!

    I instantly got hype I didn't want to leave Amber but I had to take care of this situation. "Hey bae, I gotta go handle some shit but I'll be back as soon as I'm done.” She gave me that look, I swear I hated it but it's only cause she care about me. I tried to reassure her. "Don't be like that, bae. I have to do this or I'll be six feet under. Your girls are on their way here to sit with you until I get back." Amber "Okay." she still had uncertainty in her voice. I kissed her and assured her once more that I'd be back.