Chapter 23

December 25, 2017
Amber

So I'm still at the hospital and Nick is standing at my bedside. Nick "Merry Christmas baby." "Merry Christmas." We can't leave till the 27th soooo...but anyway the nurse went and got my babies out the nursery and brought them to us. "And Merry Christmas to y'all too." My momma and daddy walked in right behind the nurse. AM "Merry Christmas babies." "Well what about us?" AM "I'm talking bout y'all too." "Oh OK, Merry Christmas then momma." AD "Merry Christmas EVERYBODY." Nick "why you say it like that?" AD "cause I don't need her to jump down my throat."

"Whatever daddy." (laughing) AD "let me hold my grandson." "Don't do my daughter like that." AD "imma hold her too." "Alright." About 5 minutes later Megan, DQ, Lando, and everybody else walked through the door with presents. Everybody "Merry Christmas." Lando had a giant. polar bear in his hand. (Laughing) "What's the polar bear for?" Lando "they winter present, polar bears like the cold." Nick "oh OK." "Y'all and these bears mane." Then Megan, Angel, and Layla came by me so they could look at the babies.

After about 30 minutes everybody went home.

~~~FLASH FORWARD

February 19, 2018

( So the twins are two months now and getting bigger. Nick has been in the streets real heavy lately and Amber is afraid something's going to happen to him. Call it intuition but she had a feeling in her gut that shit was about to get ugly. Today Mia took both of the kids so that Amber could have a much needed pamper me day. She was headed to Pierre Bossier Mall to do a little shopping. It was crowded but she had managed. After parking her car she headed inside. She strutted in like the bad bitch that she was. Amber was rocking blue jean shorts that had rips in them, a purple ripped tank top, and purple and black Jordan's. Her hair was in a fishtail braid and she was on point with her makeup. Even though she had e twins, her body was still banging.)

Amber

My first stop was Macy's. It was one of my favorite stores. I wasn't paying attention and bumped into something hard. When I looked up I was staring in the face of a god. This man was so fine I was speechless. He was at least six feet and was chocolate. He had a fade and his muscles were ripped. Damn I think I just came from looking at him. ??? "My bad, sweetie. Are you okay?" I could hear him speaking but didn't know what he'd just said. "Huh?" ??? "I asked if you were okay, ma?" His voice commanded attention and I wanted to give him all of mine. "Um, yeah I am. Sorry I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." ??? "It's all good, ma. So what's your name?" I knew I should have apologized and kept it moving but I didn't.

It would be a decision I'd later regret. "Amber and yours?" she asked. Imran "Imran. So can I shop with you, Ma?" He smiled at me showing his pearly whites. Hell why not. It's just shopping right? "Sure." I returned the smile. We headed towards the women's clothing store talking. Imran "So, Ms. Lady, where 'ya man at?" He just stared at me, he was so damn close that his Armani cologne was raping my nostrils. Damn what was it about this man that had me not giving Nick a second thought? I sized him up without being too obvious. He was fine but he didn't have anything on Nick yet. For a split second I imagined myself running my fingers through his fade while he ate my kitty cat. Lord what is wrong with me? I have a man at home. Well in the streets rather. "Um... he's...uh...he's at home." He moved closer. Imran "Do I make you nervous, Amber?"