The Naming Game

I heard crying, little whimpers actually. A baby. I got out of my bed and into the nursery where I saw a little girl crying her little lungs out, it was steph and as I didn't want to wake peri up I thought it'd be good practice. I made her a bottle and by the time peri woke up steph had settled and was playing around.

"Nico, was she crying?" My best friend asked picking her baby up.

"Yeah, thought I'd let you sleep, get practice too.." I responded.

"Did Alfie ever show up?"

"No.." I was disappointed knowing he was where he ex jealous girlfriend lived.

"You know what we're gonna go round, it's my house so.." Peri grabbed my hand and walked me to the boarding house where Alfie spent the night.

"There's my two favorite girls!" Tom say when he noticed his girlfriend and daughter, but when he saw me his reaction turned to a slight panic.

"Where's Alfie?" I asked scanning around the room.

"Still asleep" Tom says quickly and quiet defensive,

"I know your lying, tom" I say making my way up the stairs.

"Nico! Don't" tom said running after me.

I walked into jades bedroom where I saw her asleep, however on the other side was Alfie... I grabbed the glass of water from the bedside table and poorer it over his head.

"How could you!" I cried as Alfie and jade clambered out the bed

"Nico pl-"

"Save it, this clearly looks like video games with tom and something more important then getting ready for the birth of our child!"

I stormed out of the room both peri and tom watching at the doorway, peri chased me down the stairs and stopped me before I could get out the door.

"Hey Nico he's not worth it!"

"Peri I can't believe he's done this to me"

"I know it hurts, but forget about him and focus on what's important" peri placed a hand on top of my bump and smiled.

"You know what how bout we go back to yours and think of some names"

We arrived back, my heart was in pieces but he wasn't worth crying over, I need to focus on my little girl.

"Milly?" Peri suggested

"No I can't imagine having a milly"

"April?" Mum said.

"I was thinking about that one but, it's not going to be a spring baby, it's going to be an autumn baby" I smiled

"Emmy?" Peri suggested again

"That's a beautiful name!" My mum said smiling at me.

"Emmy? It's cute but fully I think emerald.." I'd heard it on a tv show and loved it ever since.

"I think I like it" both mum and peri smiled

"We'll until she's born I'm not going to jump to conclusions I have to look at her to know who she is.. But Emmy is defiantly a favorite ."

Tingggg my phone went it was Alfie...

A- ring me ASAP I need to speak to you...

N- is that such a good idea

A- nico I need to explain

I rang him, but I was dreading the worst.

A- Nico please let me explain

N- what that you slept with your ex when your pregnant girlfriend stays at home?

A- it just happened, Tom went to the toilet jade came down and.. But I don't love her, I love you!

N- yeah and what about Emmy? She has been pushed to the side while I try and bet ready for her arrival

A- since when we're we calling her Emmy?

N- you'd of known if you weren't in bed with her,

I quickly ended the call with tears my little girl deserves better then this!

The day went very slowly, just thinking about how Alfie isn't up for the idea of a baby to care for. Sometimes I don't blame him, the school freak who no one wants to be friends with and then the bombshell drops on him he's gotten that girl pregnant.

"Nico?" Peri was stood at the door and gave a fake week smile.

"Did you, did you hear?" I sniffed

"Yeah, you and Emmy will be better of without him"

Tinggg

Alfie- please give me a second chance I messed up big time, meet me at the city wall at 6pm tonight if you still have feelings for me.

I stared at the message blankly, do I really want to forgive him?