Baby Problems

Alfie's pov:

I woke up at 2am to the sound of my daughters whimpers, I scooped her up from the hospital cot and cuddled her for as long as it took. I didn't want to wake Nico, she's done the hardest part, the least she deserves is some time to sleep.

At 2:30 I'd finally gotten the baby to sleep, at long last.

The next time she woke us both up at 6am which Nico insisted she'd take care of.

"Your a little monkey aren't you?" I heard Nico whisper to the newborn whilst she fed her. The feeling was now beginning to feel real, I'm a dad!

Over the next couple of hours people came to visit, Ben and sienna of cause, peri and tom, but then someone I didn't expect to turn up visited.

"Dad?" I say as he and the rest of the family come in.

"Is this is the best idea?" Nico says whilst cradling Emmy.

"We're sorry we disowned you Alfie, we're here to come and see my granddaughter" he smiles at Nico then down to Emmy who had her eyes open.

"She's beautiful!" I heard Mac say under his breath.

"Why now?" I started "why after you decided to make me homeless and that you didn't want anything else to do with me?"my anger was left loose.

Nico's pov:

I sat on the bed listening to Alfie argue with his family,but my thoughts got distracted when Emmy began to cry.

"I think it's best you leave, or take this elsewhere" I say realizing they upset the baby.

To my surprise they left the room and took the argument away. Leaving me alone with Emmy.

"Shhh" I say to my little girl.

"Daddy's gonna be back in a minuet" she screamed at the top of her lungs making me panic.

"It's ok" I tell her climbing out of the bed and bouncing her in my arms walking around the hospital room.

Nothing helped she just cried.

"Emmy, please" I started to cry as she screamed more.

I pulled my phone out and dialed mum.

"Nico?" I heard a voice down the phone.

"Help she won't stop crying!"

"Ok be calm I'm coming"

Mum arrived within five minuets and took the screaming child off me.

"She won't stop!" I screamed running my hands through my hair.

"Nico chill, your making it worse"

Mum managed to settle her and get her to sleep and sat with me on the bed.

"This is harder than I thought..." I began looking at her.

"Where's Alfie?" Mum asked me

"With his dad in an argument" I sighed"

My mum sighed looking at the now peaceful child.

Alfie's pov:

I followed my dad into the back, when he lashed out.

"Alf please-"

"No! Just shut up, I hate you I don't ever want you back in my life or Nico or Emmy! Just go to hell!"

At that point my dad slapped me, then punched me. The next thing I remember was a blur.

I got up of the floor and headed to Nico's bedroom, I'd been so long I hope she's ok.

I walked into the room to see sienna lying on the bed with Nico's head on her chest asleep. Emmy too was in her bed sleeping. Sienna looked shocked when i came through.

"What happened!" She mouthed trying not to wake the girls.

"Dad" I mouthed back.

"Don't wake Nico, I don't want her to see you like this" sienna whispered but it was too late she'd woke up Nico.

"Alfie! What's happened?" She ran over and hugged me, I had a black eye and a split lip. My nose was bleeding.

"My dad got angry" i whispered peacefully down her ear.

"Are you ready to take her home?" Nico asked looking over at our peaceful daughter in her car seat.

"Are you?" I laughed.

I carried the car seat down to Siennas car and Nico wrapped her arm around me. Trying to fit in the car seat was difficult but we got there eventually and made our way home.

"Here we are, welcome home Emmy" Nico walked in front of me with Emmy in her arms.

Nico pov:

I've finally brought my daughter home, it feels good. After the long morning of her cries and screams, I can't stay mad at her.

I'd put Emmy to bed in her bedroom and sang her to sleep. That's after I read her a story

"You never told me you could sing!" Alfie crept up behind me and put his arms around my waist as we watched our sleeping baby.

"It isn't something I tend to share" I laughed quietly.

"We'll I think you should" Alfie started

"I'm so proud of you" he says into my ear, I turned around to face him.

"What for?"

"For giving me this wonderful life!"

I smiled at him, he gently kissed my lips.

"If you'd of told me nine months ago, I'd be together with you and have had a child together, I'd think you'd gone crazy" I laughed.

"We'll we're together now"

"I love you Alfie" I blushed.

"I love you too" he kissed my forehead

The rest of the night I'd be up checking constantly that my daughter was breathing, I was very paranoid.

"Nico, she's fine" Alfie told me as I went to get out of bed for the 11th time, he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"You need to sleep, she'll be waking us up soon" he told me so I lay back down and to my surprise he was right.