Chapter 21

-Abbi POV-

When I finally woke up I saw on the clock that it was 6pm I decided that I had done enough sleeping to last me some days until I got an opportunity to sleep again and walked into the bathroom where some clothes had been placed out for me. They were all black which was perfectly fine so after inspecting them for any secret pockets and areas that could be used as pockets which others wouldn't have thought about I put them on.

Once I was done I walked out to go and find everyone else because as much as I hated lots of people crowding around me I hate being alone by myself even more. I found the in the end in a room near the front of the thing. I paused outside before I went in and heard I think Bruce say, "-but we have to find a cure to the virus still and we can't let her stay here forever!" I knew they wouldn't want me here. No one ever wants me anywhere.

I walked into the room knocking before I entered with a neutral face and said, "The virus you are looking at is the Ultrasignet Looped Virus," I pointed at the 3D hologram above the table, "Once it meters the human body it attacks the weakest cells first so it can get a sample of what the others are like. After it has done that it can figure out the best way to destroy the cells whilst still having a few alive to reproduce the virus. And then you know what happens next." They all look at me and I can see that they are all trying to figure out how I know that.

Whilst they were thinking through that I was having a battle in my head about whether I should help them and tell them all I know or ask to be dropped off somewhere and call in Shadow agents to pick me up. After a debate I decided that I was going to help them as most of the humans in this world have done nothing to annoy me and are innocent people with families.

After what looked like an intense stare off, Steve asked me quickly, "How do you know that?" I sighed and replied, "I was put onto this mission at Shadow headquarters. I think you guys only have it as a thing to do as this is way to advanced for all of you-" cutting me off was Tony shouting, "Hey we're just as smart as you lot!!!" I glared at him and said, "We'll we have more resources, more people who are better than Dr Banner and frankly our elite group is better than yours in every way. Now if you are done complaining I will continue. As I was saying I was put onto this until there was a slight problem so I transferred mission and did that. And NO I will not tell you what that problem was until you have learnt my trust. So far the only people who know about me are Natasha and Clint they both know and respect why I have kept it disclosed now."

I then took a deep breath and continued, "So the virus will attack your circulatory system or your respiratory system. They also like to add on extras which will weaken your immune system. If you get it you can die from 5 to 168 hours which is a week and what makes it even worse is that you can think it is the ordinary illness until it gets so bad that you only have an hour left. Animals cannot get it or give it and humans cannot pass it along. So how do you get it. From the air it comes from somewhere naturally. It was probably in the ground or sea but was disturbed by man kind letting ancient gas bubble up into the air releasing the virus."

They all looked a bit relieved that there was finally an answer to where it came from but Bruce had to say, "So is there a cure?" I looked sadly down at the floor and said, "Not currently but we have people trying to find that out. They are all putting their lives on the line and could get it at any time."

I didn't want to tell them the real reason why I changed missions. I already had the virus and it was slowly killing me. But I wasn't going to go down without a fight and I still have 2 deaths to avenge.