Chapter 23

- Nat's POV-

After I had been told that we called the overs telling them to hurry up and get here this was urgent. When they finally did Clint explained to them all. They didn't believe it either. She had been perfectly fine just a little while ago, unless she already knew about it and didn't tell us. I could see hat thought had crossed all our minds as the doctor came over again and told them she wouldn't wake up and that we were to say our goodbyes.

The overs all went before me and when it was my turn the others had all left. I held her hand saying, "You know if you hadn't been like this me and Clint were going to adopt you. We wanted to ask you first though as we know how you are and didn't want to rush you into anything." I was silently crying now whilst stroking her hand listening to the machine with her heartbeat on.

When suddenly I heard her say, "I would like that. I never had a caring Mum or Dad." I looked up and saw her looking at me. I smiled and told her, "The doctors said You wern't going to wake up. Why didn't you tell one of us?" She smirked then smiled and replied back, "I was already 5 days overdue for my death and then when it was finally time for me to shut my eyes and not open them again I didn't want to. I still have 2 deaths to avenge a world to help save and I would've missed this." I smiled down at her before pressing the emergency call button beside the bed.

After I pressed that all the avengers including Thor who must have just showed up came crashing in saying I was going to be ok alone with the doctors with sympathetic looks before they saw her sitting up alive. When they did see her though they all stopped and didn't know quite what to do. Except for the doctors who were all standing there gaping until their brains kicked into gear and they went around saying that it was a miracle and that she should be dead.

She was getting annoyed by it a and there were too many people scaring her here as well so I shouted at them to all shut up and kicked out all the nurses who were doing nothing which cleared the room considerably. The doctor came over and started pestering her so I kicked him out as well. I mean we already had a doctor here now.

Once he was gone everyone looked at her expectantly. All she said was, "God and the devil didn't want me." Yeah she'll fit in just fine.