Chapter 44

-Abbi POV-

So after I got over that little problem and we decided  as a family that if I were to bring it up with one of them when I felt like I need to and that I attend some psychological tests we would just act like nothing else is wrong which is how I wanted it.

I went and sat down beside the sofa and turned on the tv. I looked like I was watching it to everyone else but in reality I was just trying to organize all of my thoughts. I could hear them all talking about something or other before Mum came over with the others and asked, "When is your birthday Abbi?" I frowned as all the others were looking at me, it had only just dawned on me that I had never celebrated any day so I didn't really have one. After realizing that they were still waiting for an answer though I simply said blankly, "I don't have one." They all looked at me shocked, well except for Mum and Dad who knew what my past was, and decided that I should pick a date.

I nodded and went back to my thoughts as I tried to pick a date I liked. I didn't want any date that already had some big holiday on and then I didn't want it in the middle of summer as it was too hot then and I didn't want it in the middle of winter as it was too cold then. So that left Autumn and Spring. Which meant September, October and November or March, April and May. I decided to go with spring as it was kind of like a new start for life everywhere which was kind of like me. So that left March, April and May. I couldn't really decide between them so I picked the one in the middle which happened to be April. Then I needed a day. Well, I thought about all the supposedly unlucky numbers. Well I might as well have 13 seeing as one unlucky number will just make me laugh after everything I have went through in life.

I thought about the date for a moment to finalize my decision before announcing it to the world, "April 13th" Everyone looked over at me, Mum nodded and said OK well we're going to have to make a birth certificate. I nodded, finally my life was changing for the better.