Chapter 30

-Clint POV-

I stayed in the craft as Nat went out to have a look around. After about 10 minutes of receiving static though I heard Tony' s voice on there, "Does anyone pick up on this? Anyone out there?" I went over saying, "Hey Tony, what's the news?" He groaned and replied, "I was hoping no one was there. I've got some bad news and some good news. Which do you want first?" Thinking over this quickly I said, "Good then bad." I new he was nodding even though I couldn't see him, "OK. Well good news is we are coming and should be there within 3 hours. Bad news is that we know who saved you. I'm really sorry but it's Abbi." I knew that I was broken inside. Tash had told me that she wanted to be our little girl and this was my actual chance of being a good dad. I manned up though as I knew Tash would need me. Oh God!!! How am I supposed to tell her.

She came back around 5 minutes it as later saying that there was nothing happening there. But when she looked at me she stopped and said, "What's wrong?" I looked at the floor saying, "They've got Abbi." I could see her pale as she took in the information. She looked like she was going to have a breakdown. Tony came through on the radio just then though saying, "1 hour until we land. Over."

-Natasha POV-

It could have been anybody else. But no it had to be Abbi. The one chance I had at motherhood just taken away from me. I am not going to let this go. I could see Clint looking at me sorrowful as I sat down. I was going to wait for everyone else to get here before going to save my little girl.

Half an hour later though my nerves were fraying. I had to keep reminding myself that they still had half an hour when I heard the blood curdling scream. I legged it out the jet. Right now my baby needed me and nothing in the universe could stop me. I knew that she wouldn't just scream like that for no reason. I mean even when she was on the heli carrier and had no idea where she was she didn't even bat an eyelid. Whoever made her scream was a dead man walking right now.

Within 3 minutes I was at the doors. Who cares about waiting for more people. I now know what maternity instinct means and why so many mums nearly killed themselves for it. I shot the first 5 men who came within my war path, then the next 7 who decided that I couldn't come through. Yeah, nobody is going to stop me if they knew what was right for them.

Finally I came to large room and immediately saw Abbi on the floor with a man on top of her. That man is going to die. As simple as 1 2 3 I had pulled him off her and snapped his neck whilst he was unprepared. Then, whilst keeping a look out for any other people who think they can hurt me, I tried to see what was wrong with Abbi. To be honest it would be easier to say what wasn't. It looked terrible and I was silently crying as I heard the rest of the Avengers come over with emergency doctors. Clint came over and held me in his arms as they took Abbi off for emergency treatment. I hated people seeing me like this but when it's for Abbi I don't really care. I hope she is OK. I can't believe I let her go through all of that though.

Am I a bad mum???