redemption

Alex POV

Time is running out, sleeping through my fingers like sand, my breathing feels like am choking on water, the address james gave me is of a warehouse out of the city in a remote area, I dont know if she is still alive or dead by now but I know it has to end right now my father reign of terror has to end I have to bring him to justice maybe it will be redemption, Jack came with me to help as any good friend would but I am afraid for him for haya nd for myself, I turned to jack

"Jack call the FBI"

"Are you sure about this?", jack said with this sad look in his eyes, I guess he knows what coming.

"As sure as I ever will be"

"Okay man"

He dialed the number at forth ring a operator picked up and thought someone was prank calling but jack persuaded him to let the call through to his boss, finally someone picked up

"This is agent Kenny speaking"

Agent kenny I am Alexander Nicholson Russell, I want to turn in my father, I have solid evidence of all his crimes and I will take the witness stand if you want to"

"Is this some kind of joke boy, why would you testify against your father, we have been building a case against him for years am not gonna lie but we didnt have enough proof to arrest him"

"Yes, I know he have enough political power nd he is not stupid to leave any evidence behind his crimes but I am his son I know everything"

"Why would I trust you?"

"I am your best shot at getting his behind bars"

"So you say well bring the evidence to my office, now I assume you would want immunity and protection"

"NO, I want your help, My father have Haya ibraheim the girl you guys were protecting and done a very poor job should I say"

"Am listing"

"You better, there is a warehouse outside the city near the woods by the lake, its a private property so you would need a warrant to search it, get it soon or you might be too late"

"Thank you for your help Mr Alex, we will be in touch soon"

"I hope we are not too late", I said to jack after switching off the phone.

"Me too", Jack said.

We are here, me and jack we are creeping up behinds tree, trying to get a better look, from where I stand I can see that they are guards every 5 feet with guns ready to shoot if any one dare to come near the building.

"How are we gonna get in?", Jack said anxiously.

"We have to wing it, maybe my father havent tell them that am not supposed to be here, I will just walk up and asked them to let me in, I know few of these guard dogs of my father"

"You are asking to get killed man, your father was on a hunt for you and you think that they dont know", Jack said.

"Dont have any other choice", I said matter of factly.

"How about I distract them and you slip in quietly ", Jack said.

"Fine your funeral dont blame me if you end up dead", I joked but inside I was tense as tiger, I dont want my best friend getting hurt because of me.

He grinned and said " here goes nothing".

He walked up slowly and then he started staggering like he was drunk, what an earth he is gonna do.

every guard turned towards him trained their guns at him, but he didnt flinched or look sacred he shouted "Alex come out, you bloody bastard", huh what he is thinking he is gonna get himself killed, but he is doing an excellent job of being drunk " How dare you slept with her stop hiding behind your daddy" he said slurring his every word.

One guard approached and said " he is not here, you should leave right now if you value your life"

"Huh, he is not here, you are bloody lying to me, do I look stupid", while he continued his drama I creeped up slowly towards the building and then I saw jack hit the guy in the nose and the guard hit him back giving him a bloody nose but that was all I needed, every guard in front left their post to jeer at Jack and watch the fighting, while I creeped inside the window at the side of the building the glass was already broken and bit into my hands as I hosted myself up and jumped inside, I could hear the cries of man saying fight fight what are they school teenagers bloody fools my father is gonna be so pissed at them and at least one of them is ending up in a hospital by my fathers hand and maybe not maybe by then FBI will be here arresting my father cux I betrayed him. I shouldnt think about this right now I have to find haya.

The room I am standing in is dark and smell of alcohol and drugs as I got out, there is hallway in the end there is a staircase, I slowly go up and when I reached the first floor I could hear her screaming for me' I am coming haya, just hang on' I sprinted towards the room which she is paying for my stupidity for not staying with her and not protecting her.