Chapter 7 : Trapped

Chapter quote

"I don't know what I am thinking but I am alone. I am trapped in the net of humans. I think maybe I am drowning in the net of humans".

Haya POV

After break got over, I went over to my locker to grab my books for the next period, which is english thankfully; it was my favorite subject. I love reading and writing so much that I actually had a personal library back home.

Jane also tagged along with me because, by some miracle, she thought of me as a friend now and we had the same class, next period. When we entered the room, the entire class turned quiet. Everyone stoped doing whatever the hell they were doing and were staring at me bluntly.

I guess my little stunt in cafeteria just made me the latest hot topic of gossip. Oh bother! When I woke up this morning, I decided that I would keep my head low during senior year but it looked like that wasn't going to be the case. At least, not anymore.

Low profile? Yeah, right! Thanks to your lies, you got the spot light. Are you happy now? 

My concious was screaming at me but I shut it up. Alex totally deserved it. When I reached the library, I heard from one of the students that Alex and one of his best friends, Jack ditched school.

Jane and I spent the rest of lunch break in the library itself so I could avoid the obsessive stares. Jane said it would be better if I simply avoided him as well because he had anger issues I didn't know of. She filled me up on all about him; There wasn't a single girl at Malibu High who didn't have a major crush on him but everyone knew that he just slept around; dating was just not exactly his style.

Apparently, he was also the star quarterback on the school football team and always won because he just hated to lose. Uh oh! It didn't sound all that good to me because he was Mr. Popular and I just wasn't. And if this were a game, he was certainly the better player.

All in all; he was the A-grade world class jerk and I picked a fight him on the first day of school. Congratulations smartass, your plan is definitely working out, I thought sarcastically.

Jane looked at me like I was lost. "Down to earth, Haya. Why are you just standing there and frowning like you swallowed a frog. Move along, there are vacant seats at the back; Come on, everyone is looking," she hissed, grabbing my hand and dragging me.  I took the seat next her and put my head down to the desk. Groaning, I said to Jane,

"What have I gotten myself into?" Remorse was tracing my words.

"Are you suffering from some sort of a personality disorder? Only a few minutes back, you were all ready to kick his ass and you're already regretting it?" She asked, confused with my bipolar swings.

"You are just saying that because we only met now. If you knew me, you would be giving me a lecture right now about emotional control." Poor girl doesn't know that she befriended the biggest weirdo walking on the face of the earth.

"You lost me, baby girl." Jane said, totally and utterly confused.

" I do these kind of things a lot and purely on impulse, which I later live to regret, of course. I hate lying so I'm feeling guilty for doing what I did. It made me the centre of attention and I hate being in that spot. Now, I just want to run far away from here and bury my head in the water so I could drown myself to death." I knew that I was rambling furiously but in my defense, I was just trying to make her understand my screwed up personality. Maybe, there was a glitch in my brain or something.

Jane looked at me like I had two heads instead of one; Great, now she was gonna walk away from me and I'll be friendless for the rest of my school life! My life just went from bad to worse.