Chapter Six

Everyone had been quiet since the president left the room. Maggie had decided to sit next to me. Weaver just leaned his elbows on the bottom of the bed. I was still tied, unfortunately. They didn't trust me. But then again, I wasn't sure if Itrusted myself.

Since I was a child, I was … troubled to say the least. I needed medication to even function. I'm not sure why, but even though my meds were running low, I hadn't really had any problems. The occasional sounds and paranoia, but in the world we live today, who isn't paranoid? But I knew, I was always different. Always the 'Odd One Out'.

That woman, miss Peralta was just standing there, not for one second looking away. She didn't like me from minute one. Doubting that I had a brother....pff! As if I'd lie about that!

At that point the curtain was drawn open and I saw him; the man I hadn't seen in years on end; the man who stayed up with me when I was sick; my father. However, I knew he wasn't innocent. I was never told why exactly dad went to prison, but I knew that he had done something, something awful and it was in front of Brandon. Mum wouldn't speak of it and Brandon needed months of therapy to get over it. We moved house and everything. It was just … even though he did what he did, he is my only living relative other than Brandon. I'm sure he would be grateful, no matter what their past was like.

He and I were silent. He looked shocked I was restrained, but it was obvious he could not speak. Weaver stood aside and Maggie got on edge in her seat. She simply looked at me, and then him, much as were miss. Peralta and Weaver.

“Tan” he said and everyone for some reason just looked down.

“Dad” I said and went to get up, almost forgetting I was tied to the bed. Oh jolly!

“Why is she tied up?” he asked looking at me but obviously talking to Tom, who looked up from the floor.

“Look there are some things you don't know.” he said, and my dad just looked at him.

“Such as” he said waving his hands in a 'elaborate please' way.

“Can we go outside?” Tom said and my dad just looked at me again.

“Go dad. It's fine” I said and smiled a fake smile, just like I was used to doing all of these years. But at that point, my head pounded again. I started going into a fit of some sort. Not like the ones I was used to though. This one was more like a seizure. However that wasn't the only worrying thing. I couldn't see very clearly, but there was Karen. She was there with me. I was screaming in pain, and nobody else seemed to see her. I heard Tom scream Ben's name and as I looked over, Ben in his bed was also in a spasm state. My dad was next to me and had my backpack in his hands, after taking it from the bottom of the bed. Karen was there, in the room, with me. Tom crossed the room to go to Ben, who was even worse than I was.

“Where are your meds? Tanya?” he said and held my head. “Are you here?” he said and then Karen came and sat right next to me on the bed.

You know, this one” she said referring to Maggie “I really don't like her you know. But now, you need to get free. Tell him to untie you. I'll tell you what to do to help him” she said and looked to Ben's bed, who was still shaking uncontrollably. By this point, Lourdes was in the middle. Right between me and Ben, not knowing who to look at first. Tom was yelling something that wasn't even audible to me and my dad was also talking to me, but I couldn't hear.