Chapter Eight

AN: Hey guys. It is quite important you read the titles to make sure you don't get lost...a lot is explained and a lot happens. Hope you enjoy this extremely eventful chapter!

Present moment

“So, are you going to shoot me?” I said to the man as his gun was pointed to my head. “For all the good it did last time” I exclaimed. From inside my cell I could do nothing. I was helpless.

2 hours earlier

Marina Peralta, the vice-president was the only one able to stand forward. Everyone else was terrified and still. She was the person who probably trusted me the less in the room, the person who doubted me most. Though right at that point, I was confident the only person who trusted me, was Ben. My father sat silent, and Tom just looked grey. The effect I had on them was frightening, and I knew that something was about to go very wrong.

“Anthony, arrest her right now” Marina said to a man behind me and he hectically walked towards me. But though I may seem like a quiet person, I really am not!

“What have I done exactly that deserves arresting?” I said knowing that there were obviously reasons but sort of denying myself the chance to accept it. I didn't even know if I trusted myself, so why was I expecting others to. I knew my argument would probably end up being invalid, but I wasn't going out without a fight.

“You are a potential threat to our security” she stated and stared at Anthony who had stopped moving the moment I opened my mouth.

“I don't see why she is considered a threat. Trust me she isn't” Ben said, pulling me behind him for protection. My dad, was unfortunately for me, standing there saying nothing. Not trying to protect me, or even try and defend me at all. Maybe he was also scared...

“She just healed, the same way that an alien would. Please don't try and lie and tell me that was natural. Or human.” she said and looked to dad, who was looking down to the floor. Dad...

“Look” Tom said after obvious deep consideration “You say you aren't a threat”

“Yes” I responded.

“Then, you will have no problem joining Anthony, just until we know what is going on precisely. Please. You won't be harmed. I promise. If anything, you will be safer in there than what you will be in the outside world. This is for your own protection.” he said and I thought things through. This would probably be my chance to prove I am harmless. And he was right, I would probably be safer having guards protecting me. But the moment I enter a cage, how do I get out?

Present moment

“Please don't” I begged. On my knees, in jail, that was going to be my end. I had promised myself to make sure I never followed dad's footsteps and end up in jail, but here I was.

I must admit, not really liking Charleston so far! Finding out I'm alien, getting shot, curing myself magically, ending up in jail 'for my own safety'....pff! I have a gun pointed at my head...not very secure is it now?