Chapter Seventeen

Tanya's POV

We had been here one day, and yet that one single day had changed my entire outlook on life. I had shown Brandon to dad's place after he instructed me to do so, and we stayed there for the night. I never sleep much, but it is still good to lie down after a LONG hard day...

Brandon never sleeps either, so we stayed up talking all night like we usually do. About mum, about the kidnappings -though he was extremely vague about it- and about the fact we were aliens. Well, hybrids would be a better word for it, but still, it sound too extraterrestrial. Even aliens sounds more human to me than hybrids.

He told me that he never thought I was insane. Not in a 'stupid' way. He thought I was ill, but not that I was unable to think or make decisions. And now he knows that this is what was going on. I am so glad he thought that way. Everyone thought of me as 'mentally disabled', and treated me different, always speaking to me slowly as if I were dumb or pushing me around because they thought I didn't understand or I would be too scared to react. To be honest, I didn't react, but it wasn't because I didn't understand what was going on, or because I was too dumb to understand that what was going on was wrong. It was because I was scared they would realise I was actually pretty much 'all there'. And what that would bring along.

Brandon got a sudden urge in the morning to go for a walk, and he asked me kindly to stay here and relax. I, still being tired, followed his request and continued my lie-in. And surprisingly enough, I fell asleep.

Brandon's POV

“Have you got the parasites?” I asked Karen who met me in the forest.

“Yes. Have you met the girl?” she asked me.

“Yes, I have. Yield a bit of faith Karen” I said to her as I leaned on a tree.

“I can't just go on faith Brandon. Have you made contact with her?” she asked demandingly.

“Well, sort of. I have said hello to her and made initial contact. Do not worry Karen. I know what I am doing.” I said to her but saw her unwelcoming face. She obviously wasn't ready to risk her other mole being discovered, or me being considered to be in connection with her. I understood, and on the bright side, she underestimated my cunningness.

“Enough for her to go somewhere alone with you so you can insert it without anyone realising what is going on?” she asked and I was slightly stumped. I didn't have that connection with her yet, and I didn't want to risk trying to get her alone before she trusted me in case she realised something was up and told someone, or looked at me suspiciously. It was too important to risk.

“No. No I don't believe so. I think however that I will only need a couple of days at most. And then we can proceed” I said to her confidently and then begun to walk away. Goodbyes were pointless … I was to see her again.

Tanya's POV