Chapter 1

Thor marches into the chambers, his feet stomping on the concrete ground. He walks over to the white frilly Moses basket and looks down at his niece, his strong fingers gently brush the baby's black hair. Thor carefully wraps the pink blanket around her sleeping body and curls his hands around her. He picks her up and gently rocks her against his chest, as he starts to walk out of the room.

*

Thor reaches SHIELD, the elevator doors spring closed behind him as the baby girl starts to wake up in his arms, opening her emerald shining eyes. He knocks on the wooden door and opens it.

All of the Avengers are sat on the red sofas that are against the white walls. Tony Stark, Iron Man, has his phone in his hand and looks like he wants to be elsewhere. Natasha, Black Widow, is stood by Clint and is swinging a gun in her hand. Clint, Hawkeye, is sat next to Tony and is glaring at Thor. Steve, Captain America, is the only one that seems interested, smiling and Doctor Banner isn't in the room.

Thor places the baby on the floor, she uncurls and starts to crawl around on the carpet floor, glancing at the Avengers with questioning eyes.

"What's her name?" Captain America asks, leaning forward as she crawls up to him.

"Freyja."

Captain picks up Freyja and lifts her over his head, her giggles fill the room and Thor smiles.

"Obviously she's going to need a new name so Loki can't trace her." Thor points out.

"She looks like a Harriet." Clint suggests and Natasha glares at him with a daring look.

"Harriet. Do you like that, Kid?" Captain asks, standing her on his knees and she bounces happily, sucking her right thumb.

"Harriet it is then."

Harriet leans to the left and grabs Tony's phone, she goes to put it in her mouth but Tony quickly takes it back. Her mouth shakes and her eyes swim with sadness.

Harriet's cries fills the room and Thor laughs at The Avengers reaction as they glare at her with hate, except Captain, he starts bouncing her on his knee and soon she stops crying. Harriet starts to rub her eyes and yawn.

"I think its time for bed, little one." Thor announces, taking the sleepy baby from Captain and rocking her in his strong arms. She nuzzles her face against his chest and her eyes flicker shut.