Chapter 18

"Stop!" I scream, raising my hands in the air as a tear trickles down my cheek. 

"Please, stop." I whisper, turning to my father and he nods. 

I hear sighs of relief behind me and Steve smiles in front of me. 

"Are you going to come with me?" My father asks, narrowing his eyebrows at me. 

"If i come with you, will you promise me that you will let everyone go and not hurt anyone?" I question. 

"Hattie, don't. You don't have to do this." Steve points out, attempting to pull away from the masked man holding him, but he tightens his grip. 

"Yes. If you come with me, i promise i will let everyone go and not hurt anyone." He says. 

"I'll come with you." I give in, regretting it instantly as the words roll of my tongue. 

I have no choice. 

My father places his right hand on my shoulder and looks down at me, his eyes shine with excitement. 

"Leave her alone, Loki!" Steve shouts. 

My head snaps towards him. Loki. My Uncle Thor told me that Loki isn't my father. 

"Uncle said you aren't my father." I point out. 

"He lied." My father announces. 

"Is that true, Steve?" I quiz, glancing at him and he nods quickly. 

"Are you coming, Harriet?" My father asks, i shiver at his threatening voice saying my name. 

"Yes." I mutter, feeling Steve's eyes on me but i can't look at him. 

My father pulls out a needle from his coat pocket and i feel the cool metal being placed on my neck. 

"Hatz, no!" The last i hear is Steve screaming.

My neck stings as i sit up, rubbing my hands through my loose black hair and absorbing my surroundings. 

Im sat on a double four poster bed with a black velvet duvet cover. To the left is a door hidden behind dark green, almost black, curtains and next to it is a wooden dressing table with a huge mirror. The strong smell of metal mixes with musty wood in my nose. I pull the duvet off and stand up, realizing i have no pain in my leg at all now. 

"Good Morning." A female voice says. 

I glance up to see a woman in a dark green dress that drags across the floor slightly and her blonde hair is brushed into a tight bun, her brown eyes sparkle with kindness. 

"I slept all day?" I question. 

"Yes, Miss." She smiles. 

"Where am i?" 

"I can't answer that, Miss. Your father wants to see you." She announces, clasping her hands in front of her and straightening her back. 

"Im not sure if i want to see him." I whisper only loud enough for me to hear. 

"He has placed clothes in the wardrobe for you." She explains and walks out of the room, her bare feet on the tiles making a small sound as she closes the door behind her. 

My mind rushes to the Avengers, hoping that they are all okay and no one was hurt. 

I walk over to the wardrobe, taking off the leg brace and throwing it onto the bed. I open the wooden cupboard and notice all the dresses are long, black or green with gold lining. I take my dirty clothes off and pull on a black velvet dress that reaches the floor. I tie my hair into a loose ponytail and go to pull my phone out of my pocket, but its gone. I have to go bare foot, because i only have one shoe as i had my brace on. The tile is cold against my pale skin as i fold my clothes and place them on the end of the bed.