Chapter 13

My fingers trace the cold water, creating a ripple that travels across the whole pool. I use my power to pull a drop of water from the pool and it stands proudly on my first finger.

I feel something being dropped on my shoulders as i glance up to see Steve draping a blue blanket over my shoulders. I smile at him as he pulls off his socks and sits on the edge of the pool beside me.

"Have you just woken up?" He asks.

"No, i couldn't sleep." I admit, dropping the water droplet.

"Did you watch a scary movie?" He questions, trying not to laugh.

"No. I was ten anyway." I point out, laughing.

"How are you doing?"

"Im alright, thanks. Im going to my history lesson today."

"Good. It starts in an hour." He announces.

I stand up, shaking my wet feet and i race into the house. I jump in the shower and pull on a black dress. I brush my hair into a ponytail, pull on my black boots and place my laptop in its case. I grab my rucksack full of school books and my laptop then walk downstairs.

Steve is stood by the door, swinging the keys on his finger and is wearing a polo-shirt with jeans. I follow him and climb into the car.

We pull into the Avengers car park, step into the elevator and reach floor 13.

"Hey, I went to eat some cookies last night." He begins and i put on an innocent face.

"Really? That's nice." I comment as i race out of the elevator.

"You ate all the cookies!" He accuses, not realising the workers are watching.

I burst out laughing, clutching my laptop to my chest and watch Steve turn red with embarrassment. I walk down the corridor, on my way to my lesson and Steve wanders off.

Suddenly, Im pushed against a wall and a hand slams against my mouth. I kick against the person, dropping my laptop as my rucksack digs into my back. He is wearing black with a black mask, i fight against him, kicking and trying to scream. He punches me in the nose and blood gushes out down my face.

He wraps his arms around me, pinning me against his body and walking backwards down the corridor.

I kick against the wall, my foot breaks the fire alarm and it rings in my ears. He starts to panic and shakes his head to make sure no one is coming. I open my mouth and bite into his skin. He screams in pain and pulls back.

"Help!" I scream at the top of my lungs, racing away from him.

The man grabs my ankle and i instantly hit the floor.

"Steve! Avengers! Help!" I shout, trying to crawl away and i keep kicking the figure.

He pulls me by my hair and holds me up again, his arm around my neck and i fight to breath.

"Let her go!" I hear Tony warn.

I glance up to see all the Avengers stood in front of me, Steve's eyes are wide with fear and shock. Clint has his bow but no arrows. Banner looks like he's going to turn green any second. Natasha doesn't have a gun. This is who i have to protect me? Avengers with no weapons.

My mind races as my nose burns with pain and it shoots through my body. I kick against the man more but he chuckles in my ear.

"Who?" I manage to ask, my hands scratching at his arms.

"Who am i? Im a friend."

"Friends don't attack people." Steve points out, holding his head high but his eyes stay locked on mine.