Chapter Nine

"Why my people first?" Jaha says as he walks toward his camp.

"I thought you would be happy that I chose your people." Says the woman in red as she walks next to Jaha.

"They won't listen. The leaders won't listen. They're stubborn." Jaha says.

"Exactly. They are stubborn, which is why we need them on our side. They can influence your people to join me." A.L.I.E. says.

"It won't be that easy. They won't understand." Jaha says.

"Then make them." A.L.I.E. says.

They continue their walk toward what used to be Camp Jaha. They stop at the woods line.

"I have an idea." Jaha says. A.L.I.E. says looking over at Jaha telling him to continue. "I pretend to be the wounded bird. Abby. She can't resist helping people. It will work." Jaha says.

"And how do you attempt to do that? You appear to be fine. Great in health. She won't believe you."

Jaha look at the grounder carrying A.L.I.E.'s backpack. "He could do it. Rough me up. Make me look hurt." Jaha says.

A.L.I.E. looks over at the grounder and nods. The grounder takes A.L.I.E.'s backpack off, walks over to Jaha and attacks him.

Night has fallen. Jaha stumbles toward the camp. Soldiers come out and shine a light in his face.

"Someone get Dr. Griffin." One of the soldiers yell.

Shortly after, Jaha sees Abby rushing out of the gate, "Thelonius?" Abby says, then snaps back to reality. "Get him to medical now!" She orders.

Abby re-pulls her hair into a ponytail as she follows the soldiers to medical.

Her and Jackson had worked all night to clean up all the cuts and bruises Jaha had received.

Its 5:00 in the morning when Jaha wakes up. Abby sits up in her chair and blinks the sleep away as she notices him stirring. She's the only one in medical. She had sent Jackson away a long time ago.

Jaha wakes up and looks at Abby. "Abby." He says.

Abby leans over him, "are you okay? Any pain?" She asks as she checks for infection.

He pushes her away and stands up, "Abby I'm fine. I feel no pain."

Abby tilts her head in question. "What? What do you mean you feel no pain?"

"I found it Abby. I found the City of Light." Jaha says.

Marcus wakes up at 5:30 in the morning. He sits up in bed and puts his boots on.

"Where are you going?" Callie asks as she stirs in bed.

"I have to go check on some things." Marcus says getting up.

"Abby?" Callie asks.

"Yeah." Marcus says kissing her on her forehead, "get some sleep."

Marcus walks down the hallway toward medical, knowing Abby will still be working.

He walks in and freezes. He sees Abby and Jaha.

Abby looks down and Jaha walks toward him. "Thelonius." Marcus says shaking his hand, "you're back."

"Marcus. Yes. I'm back. And I have found the city of light." Jaha says.

"Its real. Can it save our people?" Marcus asks.

"Not only can it save our people. It will unify us and the grounders and anyone else who lives on this earth." Jaha says.

"Oh yeah. Cause drugs are so unifying." Abby says sarcastically.

"Abby. We have talked about this. The city of light is not a drug. It is hope. That is what you told me to do. Have hope."

"When I told you that. I didn't want you to put your faith in a pill." Abby says.

"Its not a pill. Its a key. A key to saving our people. Unifying them. How can you not want that?" Jaha asked.

"Because I don't trust you." Abby says.

"Abby. Jaha is right. We have to consider this. We don't know how we stand with the grounders."

"My daughter is out there with them. I am putting everything in her. My faith. My trust. My hope." Abby said. "You were the one that told me to trust Clarke. That's what I'm doing."

"And what if she fails?" Marcus says.

"She won't."

"How do you know that?" Marcus asks.

Abby tales a step back. "I don't even know you anymore."

"Abby." Marcus says reaching for her, but she leaves the room.

He turns to Jaha, "I'll talk to her."

"Thank you Marcus. I do have one question." Jaha says.

"What?" Marcus asks.

"Will you take the key?" Jaha asks holding out the key.

"To save our people." Marcus takes the key out of Jaha's hand, "I would do anything." Marcus says then he swallows the key.

Hey guys I know it has been awhile. I'm so sorry. I have had so much going on. But its summer now so hopefully updates will be better.

~Sam