Chapter Three

Abby runs through the forest. Something is chasing her. She runs faster than ever. She runs into someone.

Clarke.

"Clarke what are you doing out here?"

"You did this."

"Did what. Clarke. What are you talking about?"

Clarke disappears.

"Clarke? Clarke!"

Suddenly Jake appears.

"Why did you do this?"

"Do what!?"

"You killed me. How long after my death did you start running toward Kane's quarters?"

"Jake. Please. I didn't. He's changed please. I'm sorry."

Clarke appears again next to Jake.

"You should have died in mount weather. That way Kane could be with Callie." Clarke says.

"But he is with Callie."

"Physically yes. He is with Callie, but his heart belongs to somebody else." Jake says.

"And it always will as long as you're still in the equation." They both say in unison.

Abby wakes up. She glances around frantically. She gets up and puts her shoes on, then heads to medical.

"Hey Abby."

"Hey Jackson. How's the little man doing?" Abby says as she goes to sit by the infant who is laying on a pallet playing.

Jackson glances over at his son from where he is working.

"Growing bigger each day." Jackson says.

Abby gets up, "well he'll make a good doctor one day."

"That he will. And to calm your suspisons he is going to be a doctor."

"I wouldn't expect anything less from you."

"Hey. I got everything under control in here. How about you go and get you something to eat." Jackson says picking up his child.

"Thanks Jackson." Abby says as she heads toward the mess hall.

She walks in and sees Marcus and Callie having breakfast together. Her smile fades quickly remembering her dream from last night.

She gets her food and starts to sit at another table when she remembers her promise to Marcus last night.

I'll try to be easy on Callie.

She heads over to their table and sits down.

"What? You're talking to me?" Callie says.

"Yeah. I just thought......maybe......I'm sorry. I haven't been the best friend that I was on the ark. I just had a lot going on yesterday. But I promise I'm the same Abby that I was on the ark."

Marcus secretly puts a hand on Abby's knee under the table so Callie can't see.

"Okay. So....the trio's back?"

Abby opens her mouth to speak, but Marcus speaks for her. "Callie. Down here. Things are different. And I don't think that being the trio we were on the ark.....its just not going to be the same."

"I get it. The ground changes everything and everyone. But no matter what happens. We'll still be friends. Right?"

Abby looks past Callie at a man getting his tray.

There is something familiar about him.

"Abby." Callie says, "I was wondering how you felt about going to mount weather to get their cameras and set them up around the perimeter to...you know increase security."

Abby gets up, "yeah. Callie. Whatever," Abby says not really listening to her.

She walks up to the man and grabs his arm turning him around. "James?" She asks.

"Hey Abs. Looks like you're still kicking." James says as he gives Abby a hug.

Marcus and Callie he up and walk over to the two people.

"Abby?" Callie asks.

Abby pulls away and faces Marcus and Callie. "Right....um....Marcus. Callie. You two remember James. Right?"

"James Roberts. Nice to see you alive." Callie says.

"Likewise. Abby. You didn't tell them about me did you?" James says.

"Oh. Well...um...I must have forgotten."

"What's he talking about?" Marcus asks.

"James. His...um last name isn't really Roberts."

"Then what is it?" Callie pushes.

"Oh...um....about that. Its...um" Abby scratches the back of her head.

"Abby?" Marcus asks.

"Its Griffin."

"What!?" Marcus and Callie screams.

Another chapter up and ready. Yay!!!!
~Sam