Chapter 15. I Killed Him

Amelia's POV

The dinner went smoothly after Tray came back. Immediately I took his hand to calm my nerves. I should really stop using using him like a drug.

I can't though. He's a drug I can't live without. He loves me, cares for me, but most of all, I'm enough for him.

I'm not an outcast to him.

For once in my life I found a place I truly belong; with him. Tray was my home and I could never leave.

Tray was currently laying beside me, my head laying on his chest and his arm around my waist. I felt like a rope tied with him to make a knot. I didn't mind though, we held each other together.

I traced shapes on his chest and thought about how I got here. I never thought I would find my mate. In fact, I never thought I had a mate. I never thought anyone would love me the way Tray does. For once in my life, everything's perfect. I had Tray, Cheyenne, Cody, and the pack.

A dark force was surrounding me but I could see Tray. The dark cloud had him by the neck, alone with Cheyenne and Cody. I could hear the cries of the pack. My fire would not ignite and I felt sick again.

I was confused, and scared. I channeled my anger toward the dark force, I tried to attack it but it only hurt me. The more I hurt the force, the more the pain increased.

"Help us! Amelia! What are you doing?!" The mixed voices screamed.

"I don't know!" I cried. I felt weak. Finally, I screamed at the top of my lungs. When a different, more high pitched scream echoed, the force left.

"Amelia..."

Huh?

"Amelia." It repeated.

"Amelia!" I jerked awake and saw Tray looking at me worriedly. "I'm fine; it was just a nightmare." He looked disappointed.

"Again?" I nodded ashamed. "Look at me," he demanded gently, and I did. Everyday I felt my fox becoming more submissive to him. I stared into Tray's bright blue eyes. They twinkled with love, care, and worry. Emotions laced together to make this beautiful gaze he's giving me.

"What was your nightmare about?" He asked, taking my hand in his. His hand was much larger than mine, swallowing it whole like a whale.

"I'm not sure. It was sort of like a black cloud or smoke, destroying everything I loved. I tried to fight it, but it only hurt me in return. When I heard a scream, enough to make anyone's ears bleed, the cloud went away." His eyebrows furrowed and finally he smiled. "Don't worry about it, little fox, it was only a dream." I nodded and adored the new nickname.

"Tray, how are we going to run both our packs separately?" He seemed to freeze as I asked; tensing very visibly. When I turned to look at him, he didn't seem to notice. His eyes were glazed over and he seemed completely lost in his thoughts.

"I had a dream of you asking this question, right before you..." He trailed off. "Died." I finished numbly and he nodded.

"Well, little fox, there was once a prophesy that the most hated pack, and the most loved pack, would have their alphas fall in love and intertwine packs. Everyone forgot about it seeing as women are forbidden to be alphas. But you, little fox, don't seem to care what the rules say." He explained.

"So, you're saying we should join packs? Won't it cause a problem at your pack since my pack is also a clan?" He seemed to think for a minute, but not for long.

"It doesn't matter. Every pack listens to the alpha." He shined his blue eyes and I seemed to get lost in them.

"I suppose so." I smiled and his eyes went back to normal. Though, even without the luminous shine, I could still get lost his eyes.

"So, tomorrow night I was wondering if you would go to dinner with me?"

A date? Away from the pack? But...no it's for mate.

"Yeah, that seems great." Honestly I was worried about leaving the pack. After my death I feel the need to stay with it, as if it anchors me and keeps me alive.

Although, a date with Tray was what I wanted and needed.

He smiled at my response and I smiled back.

My phone begins to ring and I see that it's Cheyenne calling. I hold my finger up to Tray and answer. "What's up-" I stop when I hear sobs.

"Cheyenne, what's wrong?" I asked worriedly. She didn't answer, she just continued to sob. She gasped for air every few seconds. She tried to get words out but they came as greater sobs.

"Cheyenne, what's happened?!" I asked, terrified now. She stopped sobbing and I heard her shaky breaths, she was startled- petrified even.

"We were sitting together, talking about the baby. We were thinking of names, for both boy and girl; everything seemed perfect. I-I don't know w-what happened. His eyes turned purple, and he went crazy. He hit me and then started walking across the room. He mumbled something about sickening vampires. When he finally looked back at me, hate was so certain in his eyes. He told me he was going to kill me and then he came after me."

Oh my God.

"Where is he now? Are you ok?"

"I don't know if I'm ok. My husband just tried to kill me and his unborn child. As for where he is.." She trailed off and I heard her take a deep breath.

"Cody is dead. I killed him."