Chapter 2. Dying Hope

~Tray~

I wrap my arms tighter around her and I just wanted to turn her around so I could see her. I wanted to know her name, her face.

"One day you'll know my love." She whispered and turned around but her hair fell in front of her face. Red hair, scorching red.

"Why didn't you wait for me Tray? Why her? Was I not good enough?!"

I wake up from my usual dream. Although I have another hint, red hair. I smile but then I look over and see Malia sleeping soundly.

I wish I could love her, she's such a nice, beautiful woman, but my heart wasn't made for her.

My heart doesn't belong to her.

I wake up every morning with a hope in my heart, that I'll find my mate today. There's only three months left until the wedding. The more the time ticked, the more my hope died.

It wasn't a quick death either, it's a brutal, bloody, painful death. It's slow, only dying enough each day to notice because it hurts. The realization is hitting me harder everyday and it hurts so much.

Suddenly, I hear the snapping of snouts and growls. I quickly get dressed and run out. Right as a brown wolf, James, was going to attack another sandy colored wolf, Haden, I stepped between them. They stopped and stared and let me just say, I was not happy that one of my two best soldiers were acting like this.

"What's going on here?!" They hung their furry heads and I grew more annoyed by the silence.

"Shift!" I commanded but the brown wolf only got angrier. He jumped over me, and attacked Haden.

I shifted into my wolf and ripped James back by his fur around his neck. I stand between them and some men take a shifted, injured Haden to the infirmary.

"I've had enough of your picking fights!" I linked with him. I barked and showed my teeth.

"I've had enough of his crap! You should've let me kill him!" He snapped back and I started to see red.

"Well if you've had enough, then take your family and leave! You've been kicked out with a charge of attempted murder." He growled louder and snapped, walking away.

I felt bad for his family, but he needed to leave, he always cause trouble in the pack. I shift and change into some cloths, then decide to check on Haden.

I heard screams from the infirmary when I arrive. I burry my head in my hands as I wait for my best friend to come out. James attacked him pretty bad, being the softy he is, he wouldn't attack back.

"I need to see Haden Ryder." I told the nurse and she looked nervous. I gave her a sad smile and she seemed to hold pity. "He's in surgery right now. I'm sorry Alpha Tray." I nod at her and smile, then I sit back down on the uncomfortable chair.

He'll be fine you wimp.

Shut up Theo. I don't need your negative input right now.

My input is more positive than the ones that are making you tear up right now.

I swear I would kill you if I could.

"Those to see Haden Ryder?" I blinked and noticed I had fallen asleep talking to Theo.

Sorry man.

It's cool.

I stood up and followed the nurse down the hall. She led me down a hallway and I made note of the room we stopped at.