Chapter 19. Sweet, Baby-

I didn't worry about Tray, even though my fox inside me was clawing for me to do something about it. It took all my energy to fight her and try to convince her to be good. That might be what makes me so exhausted every night.

Cheyenne was back, thank God, and I was quick to fill her in on everything. Her baby belly was big and she sometimes cried because Cody couldn't be here to see the baby. I told her that this was meant to happen and she was ok for the rest of the day.

The pack population was growing at an incredible rate, and we were running out of places to put them. I asked Logan to go to a meeting and ask to take part of the neutral territory. I would go myself, but I was at Lily's house going through another banshee lesson.

"The banshee gene is not passed through a bite or a scratch. The only way to become a banshee is to be born with it. So-"

"Wait," Cheyenne interupted. "Cody's parents are both vampires. They've never spoke about banshees before."

"Some banshees are attacked and transformed into something else. At that moment, the two creatures are battling each other until one wins. This war can last an entire lifetime or as little as two weeks. It just depends on the strength of the banshee or the other creature." Lily responded.

"But, like I said, Cody's parents are not banshees. They're actually some of the calmest vampires I've ever known. If I found out they were at war with themselves, it would take me by surprise, and I'm not easily surprised." I nodded with that Cheyenne said.

For a second, I thought I saw panic in Lily's eyes, but it was gone too soon.

"Can the blood of banshee still travel through the DNA even after the vampire has won the war?" Cheyenne asked.

"Yes, it can." A short answer, for someone who always supports everything with a story.

"But if the banshee loses, doesn't that mean that the vampire has fully taken over the banshee?" Haden asked, almost as if he was just as suspicious as I was.

"Guys, she said it's in the DNA. We should trust her." Tray said, causing I fire of jealousy in my heart. Then I realised, I was actually on fire.

I shut off my emotions quickly and the fire went out. Tray didn't seem bothered at all.

Cheyenne's eyes glared daggers at Tray, praying he would see her and feel bad. I, chose not to care because I have better things to worry about.

Suddenly, Cheyenne doubled over and started breathing heavily. Contractions. The baby was due soon, so the contractions have been frequent. I counted the minutes until she regained her usual posture. I counted the minutes until another hit.

"Cheyenne..." She looked up at me.

"It's time. The baby's coming." I forgot everything at that house and rushed Cheyenne to the hospital. I forgot about Tray, Cody, the banshees, everything.

I waited for Cheyenne to give birth, since the only person allowed in was the father. I ignored Tray's presence, but my heart ached.

When did he stop loving me?

What did I do wrong?

Why did he reject me?

Logan showed up soon, excited. His attitude was a bright yellow in a room of red and grey. I couldn't help but smile at him as his ecstatic eyes searched the room.

Then they landed on me, and stopped.

He walked over with a skip in his step and asked if the baby was here. "Not yet," I replied, "the doctor said it's going to be a long birth." He nodded.

"I can't wait. She's going to be so gorgeous. I bet she's tiny and as light as a feather. I bet she has beautiful blue eyes..." Logan continued to ramble about the baby. I would laugh at some of the things he said, and others made my heart ache. Then he said a few things that made me want a baby of my own.

Someone to always protect, and care for. Someone who will always need me, even when they insist that they don't. Someone who when they're sad, will reach their arms up for me to hold them.

The thought brought tears to my eyes and Logan noticed as soon as I did. "I bet- hey, what's wrong?" His mood seemed to deflate a bit. "I was just thinking of how nice it would be, if I had a baby of my own." I admitted shyly, to which he smiled at. Once again, his yellow sunshine lit up the whole room.

"It woud be great, wouldn't it? I would name her Jane or maybe Janett." Logan dreamed. If I were a stranger, I would think Logan was gay right now, but he's a straight as an ink joy pen.

"I would name her Arabella or Aphelia." My heart warmed at the names. I could see a small little girl, swaddled and sleeping in my arms. Precious beauty. I could see her reaching for my while crying in her crib. I could see myself feeding her baby food. I could see myself driving her to school.

Then I realised; I could never have a child.

I attracted trouble, death, and more so, sorrow. I couldn't bring a baby into this world to live with a magnet of trouble and grief. I cried as my heart ached. Logan asked me multiple times, what was wrong, but I didn't answer, I only cried.

I then realised why Tray didn't love me anymore. He knew I could never provide for him. I could never give him a family. Lily could do that, and they could live happily together.

I then decided, that I was going to let Tray go. I wasn't going to be jealous and I was going to be ok with him loving Lily. Slowly. I fell asleep in Logan's embrace.

"Um, Ms. Collins? She's here, and the mother is asking for you." I rubbed my sleepy eyes and walked into the room. Cheyenne looked tired, and looked as if she wee glowing.

I looked down, and in her arms, was sweet, baby-

So, what do you think the baby's name will be? The baby is a girl with ocean blue eyes and blonde hair, well...she will have blonde hair. In a few days.

Leave your prediction of the baby's name right here --->

I'll be back with another update soon. Love you!!! ^3^