Chapter 5:

Chapter 5:

(Ellie's POV)

In a cafe looking out of the window as I was fiddling with the ring that Harry had given to me, I pondered on my thoughts as a couple of months had passed since the last time I had seen Harry. And as much as I missed him, I knew it wouldn't be good if I went back to him. I knew that the only thing that would happen would be torment and danger. Since the death of my Aunt and Uncle, the witches have accused the vampires of this crime and have descended into some sort of battle of authority and ruin. It had changed me to, I had killed 12 of my own people to ensure my own mother's safety, but I felt nothing, no guilt, no sorrow, not even any happiness or sense of relief, It was the feeling of nothing. 

"Hey" Laura, my longest best friend said joining me at the table with her own cup of coffee. I looked up in acknowledgement but stayed silent still brewing in my thoughts. 

"You look pretty today, maybe one day you'll let me borrow that outfit." She commented. I looked down at my outfit: a grey crop flowy vest top, blue ripped boyfriend jeans with rolled up ankles and grey ankle combat boots along with a grey cardigan with my sleeves pushed up above my elbows. My hair was wavy and blow-dried. 

"Thanks" I replied picking up my drink and taking a sip.

"Oh she speaks" She said jokingly. For the past two weeks, I've kept myself secluded and away from everyone. I've not been in the mood to talk and knowing Laura being the party girl she is, I know she would want me to get back out there and as I said, I've not been in the mood.

"What's up?" I asked wanting to know her true intentions for meeting me. 

"The witches have been talking, The ancestors have been talking El. This city is coming apart and we need you to stand up and fight for our people. The elders have died. Majority of the witches in the portal were slaughtered. We need to fight back. We need to make the witches stronger once again" She spoke as if she was propagandizing to me to necessity of this war. 

"I don't want to get involved" I said putting my cup down, grabbing my bag and standing up walking out of the cafe. She quickly followed me outside and shouted at me as I walked away.

"El come on this is our fight. You've got to be feeling better now it's been a couple of months, you can't let him hold you back from this." She shouted 

"But that's the thing. I don't feel better, I don't feel at peace. I don't feel anything." I said turning around and giving her a piece of my mind as a few witches walked past us but not enough to care to get involved in our squabble. 

"I killed twelve witches Laura. Twelve of our own people all because they accused my mother of siding with them. What's strong about that? I acted no better than a vampire." I stated but she didn't look shocked by what I was telling her. She didn't look angry, she looked confused as to why I was telling her this.

"Then this has to end. We need to unite our coven to end this. And everyone is saying the same thing El. You come from the royal bloodline of the witches. You need to be the one to do this." she said walking towards me as I crossed my arms in disbelief. I knew all she was saying was true but I also knew I am not in the right mind set to be a leader.

"Why not my mother? We all know she is more experienced." I stated the facts.

"Your mother is sick. The hex the witches put on your mother will kill her before the next full moon. You and I both know this." She stated. Her words touched a nerve but she was right, my mother was slowly dying and her unconscious state wasn't going to change, the worse part about it was the fact that it was Harry's coven of vampires who told the witches., the thought provoking tears down my cheeks. I looked away to think about it but that's when she spoke up again.

"And don't you think it's time you make a stand?" She stated taking my attention again but showing her my ears

"I am a mess. I sleep all day. I cry all night. And all I can think about his him." 

"Then I think it's about time you start to seek comfort in the idea of what you can do to him for what he and his kind have done to our people, what he has done to you" She spoke. 

"Things have changed Ellie. And so have you. I just hope you have changed for the better." She carried on before walking away and leaving me alone in the street to think over all that she as said. I looked at my ring and fiddled with it on my finger before I decided to go to home and talk it over with my mother. But in a way, knowing full well that she wouldn't be able to respond, I knew the answer I would go onto. I would have to do what's best for my family.