Night Out

The next morning was Friday. It was my last day in New Jersey also it was the day my parents were coming. When Brianna woke up the next morning at 6:30 I woke up too.

"Why are you up?" Brianna asked when she came back into her room in her towel.

"I'm going over to my parents place before they get back to make sure Parker didn't trash the place again." I said stretching.

"That sounds fun." She said as she got dressed.

"So what are you doing tonight?" I asked.

"Nothing. Jake has plans with some friends from the lacrosse team. So our Friday movie night is off. Why?" She said.

"Cause me and you are going out. I figured go to one of my favorite clubs, get dinner, all that fun stuff." I said. I looked at Brianna who had a smile spread across her face.

"Really?" She said looking through her closet.

"Yeah there is a great club that'll let you in of you have someone over 18 with you. But you can't drink." I said.

"I don't care this is going to be amazing!" She squealed pulling on her converse.

"I'm excited do you have a dress or an outfit to wear?" I asked.

"I have the perfect thing! I have to go. I'll show you when I get home. Have fun today!" She said giving me a hug before leaving. After I through on a pair of sweat pants, and my zip up hoodie on I got all of Harry's things back into my car and drove over to my parents' house.

When I got there the blinds had been closed and all the windows shut. I let Harry out of the car and back into the house. I brought all of his things back into the house. When I walked around I saw the presents were still where I left them but the house was a mess again. I opened all the blinds and windows again and cleaned the house again. After the house was finally clean it was almost 11:45. I walked over to my bag and pulled out the gift card I had gotten for Parker. I don't know why but I felt like I should get him a gift too. I had decided to get him a $50 visa gift card. I snuck up to his room and opened the door. I pulled a sticky note off his desk and wrote a note.

'Hey Parker merry Christmas. Sorry it was so late.' I slowly walked out of his room and looked around the house one more time. There was a slight breeze going through the house. It felt like home. I had a flashback to when I was 14 and sitting in the living room. Nick and I were dating at the time and it was around this time of year. We were sitting in the living room studying for some test we both had the next day and a light breeze came through the house. It made me feel like my world was fresh and perfect. When I walked into the kitchen I petted Harry one last time before leaving. I felt the same breeze again. Maybe now my life was going to be fresh and perfect like back when I was 14. As I pulled away from the house I saw a yellow taxi pull into the drive way. I sat at the corner looking in the mirror as my parents got out and walked up to the door with their suitcases.

Later that day right before Brianna got home I jumped in the shower. As I got out of the shower I felt the steam wrap around me. It felt nice. I grabbed the fluffy towel off the counter and wrapped it around myself. I walked into Brianna's room and there was Brianna laying on her bed on her phone.

"Showers all yours. I'll do your hair when your done." I said.

"Thanks I'll be quick." Brianna said rolling off the bed. I bent down and looked at my suitcase. I had planed this night out weeks before I came. I pulled out my little black dress. It had a white belt that went around my waist. I paired it with my white wedges. I wasn't gong to put it on just yet. I pulled out a pair of sweat pants and a sports bra. I started to blow dry my hair. When Brianna walked back in she started laughing at me.