Chapter 20.

***Storm's P.O.V***
I could feel the wind fly past me as I ran throughout the forest. The leaves and sticks crunch as they broke under my feet. The birds that would fly away as soon as I neared them. I could hear every little thing and I was so in tune to it all. My reactions sped up as I did this and kept everything out of my head besides what I was focused on. But something chimed in to the normal sounds of the wood. I could hear the trees shake as they swayed. Then a new set of foot steps come from behind me to my left; more in the trees than the trail. As the foot steps neared me and the jumping from trees got louder I speed up. Looking to the side I saw a shadow fly past me and then behind me. Looking back ahead a tree laid out blocking the trail and before I could think I was leaping over it.

Looking up I saw another shadow jump from tree to tree. I had nothing on me but my knife, I needed to get to Braeden to get my gear. Picking up my speed even more I looked at my surroundings trying to figure out what to do next. I could hear the thing behind me ruffle with something but I didn't look back, that only slows you down. That's when i heard what sounded like a knife slidding out of something I started weaving in and out of trees.
But every tree I weaved through the other thing above me would jump on that tree causing the leaves and sticks to fall on my head. I heard a loud grunt from behind me causing me to run to the left and as I did a knife flew past my face and into the tree I was once near. Looking closer to the right I saw a bunch of rocks stacked up on each other and I knew where it headed. To the cliff. I need to get out of these trees so at least the thing above me would have to follow me on feet.
Cutting through the trees I heard the foot steps behind me slid as they followed my sharp turn in hopes of keeping up. The thing in the tree easily caught up but by the sound of bark breaking it lost its grip some. I took that as my Que to speed up and run  faster than I already was. Which shocked me. I could see the rocks approach me causing my adrenalin to pick up an extra notch as I sprinted past the last tree and gripped the steep rock pushing myself up it. I climbed the ledge of it as quick as I could and easily made it to the top before I ran forward and leaped over the small gaps separating them.

That's when the footsteps behind me came into play again along with a new set. Which I assume was what's in the tree. Leaping to the last few rocks I heard one set of footsteps get extremely close to me and I knew they were right on me. Before I could back out I looked over the ledge of the one rock and saw it was clear. This is going to the hurt. Turning to the right I jumped off the ledge as a hand slid past my shoulder trying to grab me. I pushed my foot off the side of the rock and did a front flip landing on the ground before standing up again and sprinting off.

The two things chasing me stayed on the rocks. The cliff was coming up and I knew I was in trouble. The jump was at least 30 feet probably more. I've only ever seen someone in Scott or Derek's pack make the jump. I was probably in over my head. If I don't make the jump I'm dead. I heard the two things say something to each other but I didn't focus on it. I saw the cliff come up and with each step I pushed myself to run faster and faster. Just make the damn jump Storm.

Right when I was about to take the jump I was tackled to the ground. Rolling backwards I quickly pulled my knife out and pinned the thing down. Placing my knife under its neck I looked down to see just what tackled me and was face to face with an out of breath Derek Hale. He gave me a slight smirk and raised an eyebrow causing me to look up and see Breaden laughing while clapping walking towards us. The three of us were out of breath and anyone within a mile could hear our heavy breaths.

"What the hell?" I breathed out looking at her and then Derek not understanding what the hell any of this was for. "You guys were the ones chasing me?!"

"Yes, now do you mind taking that knife of yours off my throat?" Derek laughed as I had him stilled pinned down and my knife pushing on his throat.