chapter 28

*** Storm's P.O.V. ***

I laid silently in the bed as Issac held me in his arms. For a second everything felt right as I looked at the peaceful boy beside me sleeping. He was smiling in his sleep and his grip was loose around my waist. It was roughly 3 am meaning Scott had been gone for roughly 6 hours. Too damn long. Lydia was the only one who had an idea as to what was about to happen but what she did know was that I was getting our best friend back. I'm done running and hiding. I'm done being protected. I need to protect him and that's what i'm going to do. no matter how dumb everyone else thinks this is I'm doing it for Scott and the promise I made to Alison. If Kate wants me she can have me.

I looked at the boy who has brought me so much love and joy in my life as well as teach me things no one ever has. Loving someone and protecting them. I made sure to look over every last feature on his face because I don't know when or if I'll see them again. i felt the tears softly leave my eyes knowing how happy he was and how this will ruin him. But I had to be selfish and do this for everyone else. I had to end this once and for all. I softly lifted his arm and managed to slip out of bed and sneak into the bathroom. throughout my paranoia state I slipped a get away bag in the bathroom just incase. it had clothes, money, weapons, and wolfs bane, all the essentials I would need incase anything ever happened. I quickly got dressed in the leggings and tank top i was already wearing and pulled the boots out of the bag and slipped them on. I quickly grabbed on of the bottle of waters putting 5 drops of walks bane in it as well as some over my lips.  I had to leave without waking issac and if he were to figure it out I needed him weak so he can't chase me. I just needed him to be safe. softly leaving the bathroom I place the bottle beside him as he slept and the bag by the door. walking over to him and softly turned fluttering his eyes open to me.

"Where you going?" he yawned out with a deep sleep voice causing me to smile some. I quickly walked over to him and kissed him softly. Holding the side of his face I left my lips pressed on his knowing this is it. leaving my lips I just smiled.

"i'm going to go get some water. go back to sleep." I whispered standing up seeing him nod and turn over smiling back at me.

"okay, I love you." he softly said dozing back off to sleep.

"I love you too." i said as a few more tears slipped from my eyes before I grabbed the bag and swiftly left the room. as i got downstairs I started texting lydia asking her to come but before I could send it she sent me a text saying she's outside. As I walked out of Scott's house I took one long look at it knowing if I ever see it again nothing will be the same. Getting in Lydias passenger seat she gave me a small smile with red puffy eyes as she held my hand.

"How did you know?" I asked her fleeing my body slightly start shaking as this was all really happening. I never knew how Lydia knew things before I told her but she always seemed too.

"Your my best friend, I know you. We're in this together okay?" She said squeezing my hand in her own causing me to quickly nod and hug her. With that she pulled out of scott's quickly switching her lights on as we speed to the school. This was the place Kate cake closes to catching us so we knew this is where she would be.

"What's the plan?" Lydia asked as she speed through the empty roads trying to get to the school before anyone else realized what was happening.

"Your sure no one knows?" I asked her quickly wanting to make sure before anything further happened. If anyone case it could ruin everything. I don't know what Kate would do to Scott, and i don't want to find out.