Part 5

Ray didn't call or come by the next day. I didn't call or go by the store. It was almost two weeks since we've seen each other and to be honest, I was starting to worry. I know he said it was just a work emergency, but I was starting to get the feeling that something else was happening. I was trying my best to keep those thoughts out of my head, but it was had to do when he wouldn't answer his phone or texts. Yeah, I broke down down and called him. I couldn't help it! I sighed and turned on the TV to try and calm myself down, but everything was just the same topic: some group called The Wall Dogs were spray painting graffiti all over Swellview. The news broadcast showed pictures of some of the Wall Dog's art and I was pretty impressed. These kids had talent.  As I was watching, I heard my door open and turned around, the remote in my hand, ready to attack whoever was breaking in. I relaxed when I saw him though. "Ray! You scared me!" I said. "Sorry." He replied, coming over and hugging me. "Why are you breaking into my house?" I asked, still being hugged. "I'm sorry for not coming back or answering any calls. It's just work stuff came up and there was some vandalism at JunkNStuff and-" I cut him off. "Ray... I can't breathe." I said. He let me go and I looked up at him. "What do you mean, vandalism?" I asked. He sighed and leaned against the back of the couch. "Some kids thought it'd be funny to spray paint all over the front of the store." He said. "Was it the Wall Dogs?" I asked, remembering the reports. I saw something in his eyes when I mentioned that name, anger maybe? "Who?" He asked. Hm, maybe my  eyes were playing tricks. "They've been all over the news this morning. It's a group called the Wall Dogs painting all over Swellview. Maybe they did it." I said. He nodded. "Maybe." He said. Then he clapped his hands together and said, "Ok, enough of the serious. You wanna go walk around somewhere or go see a movie?" He asked. I nodded. "A movie sounds fun." I said. So we went and saw the movie Inside Out. Not gonna lie, I cried. Hard. When we left, I noticed Ray wiping at his eyes. "Are you crying?" I asked. He sniffed and looked away to do it again. "No!" He said. "Yes you are!" I said, turning his face to mine. "Go ahead. Make fun." He said. "For what? Crying? Ray, I don't care if you cry. That's ok. I like that better than someone pretending to be tough all the time." I said. "Really?" He asked as we started to walk again. I looked up at him. "You ask that like you don't believe me." I said. He shrugged, "Most girls like the tough emotionless thing." He said. I shook my head. "Like I said, I'm not the other women you've met." I said. We stopped by JunkNStuff on the way home and I saw two kids, Gooch, and another man outside scrubbing at paint. It was everywhere! "Hey guys." Ray said. "Hey." They said, doing a double take when they saw me. The blonde kid asked Ray who I was, and he started introductions.

<RAY'SPOV>

"Asa, this is Henry, Charlotte, Shwoz, and you know Gooch." I said. She smiled and gave them a small wave. "Hi. I'm Alyssa." She said. They put down the sponges and came over to talk to her. "So you're the girl Ray can't shut up about?" Henry asked. I chuckled awkwardly. "He- He's joking." I said, but Henry wasn't having that. "No I'm not. You talked about her after your first date, after the second one, after you call her, when you text her, last night you called me cause you-" I put my hand over his mouth to shut him up. "So you guys need any help?" She asked. Henry licked my hand and I pulled it away. "Ew!" I yelled, wiping it back on his face. Everyone picked up their sponges again and we got to work trying to clean the paint off. Asa started working on the side of the store and I went to help her. "So," she said, "you never shut up about me?" I chuckled and started scrubbing. "He wasn't lying when he said I missed you, you know." I said. She smiled. "Well actually, you covered his mouth before he could say that. But I missed you too." She said. I smiled at her and watched her cheeks turn pink from blushing. I don't know what made me do it, but before she turned away, I leaned down and kissed her. I heard her gasp, but then she kissed me back. 

<ASA'SPOV>

Ray kissed me. Actually kissed me! I gasped as he did it but kissed him back, smiling as I did.  I felt my back hit the wall and wrapped my arms around his neck. I have no clue how long we kissed, but suddenly we were interrupted. "Hey Ray we-" Ray and I stopped and turned to see Henry and Charlotte standing there soaking wet. "What happened?" I asked as we followed them back to the front. Shwoz and Gooch were also soaking wet. I looked at Henry. "Did you guys have a water fight without us?" I asked. They nodded. "Well, you guys were... busy." Charlotte said, smirking. I smiled. "Is there anymore water?" I asked. From behind me I heard Ray yell, "Yeah there is!" and I squealed as water was poured over my head. I turned and saw Ray laughing and holding a bucket. I started towards him with the water hose. "I am going to kill you!" I said, laughing as he ran from me. I sprayed him with the water and he yelled at how cold it was. Needless to say, another water fight ensued and soon all of us were dripping wet and freezing cold. We went inside and Charlotte grabbed towels for everyone to dry off with, then we turned the heat on so we didn't freeze anymore than we had already. As we were sitting and drying, Ray's watch started beeping. He jumped up and so did Henry. "I have to go." He said. "Go? Go where?" I asked. "Work emergency!" He said, rushing to the door. "But-" He was out the door with Henry behind him. "You're... at work." I mumbled. After a second I got up and walked out the door, ignoring my name being called as I left. At home, I was trying (and failing) to keep myself from crying. I heard my phone ringing and had to keep myself from throwing it at a wall when I saw Ray's name on the screen. It didn't make matters better when he showed up at my house the next day and wouldn't accept the fact that I was ignoring him. 

Trying to anyway. I opened the door after making sure my eyes weren't red or puffy anymore and immediately he started trying to apologize. When he kissed me, I felt like I could melt andI hated that I was feeling that way right now. "Please forgive me?" He asked when we stopped. I didn't want to, but I nodded. He kissed me again and laid his forehead against mine when he stopped. "Thank you." He said. We sat on the couch and watched some TV  for a while before falling asleep.