What Have You Done

I stared at Henry as he, Shwoz, and Charlotte stared at me. "Ray is gonna kill you." I said. "No he won't," Henry said, "not when he sees that nothing is going to go wrong!" I scoffed and threw my hands out to the side. "How do you know?" I asked. "Ray said not to use this thing and you deliberately disobeyed him!" I said. "Will you stop freaking out!?" Henry asked. "Henry, you could've been hurt!" I said. "But I wasn't! I'm fine! We don't even know if this thing wor-" Charlotte chose that moment to smash a vase over Henry's head. He should've been in pain, but he acted as if she'd hit him with a feather pillow! "H-henry... Didn't you feel that?" I asked. "Yeah, but it didn't hurt. Wait, it... didn't hurt! It worked!" He shouted, throwing his fists up. I couldn't help but hug him. "You're not mad anymore?" He asked. I sighed. "Hen, I was never mad. Just worried. You're like my little brother and I'm always gonna want to make sure you're okay. Same goes for you two." I said, pointing to Charlotte and Shwoz. "You'd better put this thing away though. Before Ray comes home." I said, turning to go back upstairs. "Up the tube!" I said, and up I went. Ray was back, but I wasn't going to tell him what I'd just witnessed. That was for Henry to do! "Anybody come for this yet?" He asked. I nodded. "Oh yeah. Three different people said they were in the neighborhood and decided they needed a canon for no reason at all." I replied sarcastically. He playfully sneered at me and went to clean it. That night, when Henry had to go home for dinner, Ray was working on the canon. Trying to make it safer for decorating with because it was apparently super sensitive. Henry turned back to him from the doorway, "Hey Ray?" He asked. "Yeah kid?" He replied. "Um... Could we- could we talk?" Henry asked. I glanced up at him from my book. "Yeah kid just give me one second here and I-" "No it should really be now." Henry tried to interrupt. "Henry I gotta get this thing fixed. It's crazy sensitive and could take out the building across from us if it went off." Ray said. "Just please listen! I have to tell you-" Henry had stepped forward and tossed a pillow at Ray's hands, knocking them out of the way and then, before any of us knew what happened, the canon went off. Both Ray and I rushed to an unconscious Henry and knelt next to him. Ray shook him and tried to wake him back up. "Henry! Henry! C'mon kid you've gotta wake up! Please Henry!" Ray cried. I was about to freak out. Henry went through the Densitizer! He was supposed to be indestructible! This couldn't be- suddenly, he woke up. Interrupting my impending panic attack. Ray shot up like a bullet and backed away. "No... That's... This is impossible..." He said. "What?" Henry asked. "You! You-you- you shouldn't be standing there! You shouldn't even be alive! The canon ball hit you! There should be a hole through you!" Ray said. "It's like you're indest-" Suddenly, realization crossed Ray's face. "You didn't." He said. Henry nodded. "I did!" He replied. "And... You're okay?" Ray asked. Henry nodded. "Nothing strange has happened to me. Well, if you don't count my boss owning a canon strange." He said. Ray sighed, but he started to smile. "Alright then. I guess if nothing bad happened then I can't really be angry can I? Go on home. I'll see you tomorrow." He said. Henry smiled, then went home. "He's a good kid." Ray said. "Yeah, he is." I replied, grabbing a broom. Ray and I cleaned the mess from the canon, then went to the Mancave to rest. Well, I thought we were going to rest. Ray had other plans. I giggled as he laid me on my back and started to kiss my neck. "God I love you." He said. I smiled as I bit my lip and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. This time, we had no interruptions. We slept peacefully.

{RAY'SPOV}

I had to ask her. I needed to ask her. I thought that after tonight would be a good time, but then I started thinking. Damn my brain! I started thinking that when I asked her, it should be special. Not after we'd just...
I sighed as I got up, and I walked to the dresser. I pulled out the little box and opened it, staring at the object inside. Why was I being such a chicken about this? I fight crime on a daily basis! Why should asking Asa one simple question be any scarier?
Maybe because it wasn't just a simple question. This was a question that held so much in store for our future, it was bigger than anything I'd ever done before. I smiled as I looked at Asa, sleeping peacefully on her pillow. My entire world was wrapped up in those blankets, her eyes fluttering, her nose scrunched every few minutes, her chest rose and fell softly with her even breaths. Whatever I did to bring this woman into my life, I was glad I did it. Because now I couldn't imagine a day without her.

{ASA'SPOV}

I opened my eyes as I felt Ray crawl back into bed. "Where'd you go?" I asked. He kissed me. "I'm right here." He said, wrapping his arms around me. I laid my head on his chest, and I closed my eyes again and drifted back into my sleep.