Please Don't

I stared, shocked at Ray. He seemed to be really serious about this and it was starting to worry me. "Ray," Said Shwoz, "If you reverse that day, you will not become Captain Man." He said. Ray nodded. "That's my point." He said. I got up and dizzily walked over to him. Shwoz helped me stay on my feet. "Ray, don't do this." I said, my voice barely a whisper. "Why? We could have a normal life if I did!" He exclaimed. "We? Ray, don't you get it?" I asked, "If you go back and reverse the day you became densitized then you don't get Junk-N-Stuff. Meaning I don't walk into the store and we never meet. I know I can't stop you if you wanna go back, go ahead. But think of what you'd be giving up if you do." I said. He looked at me and Shwoz, and he looked around the Mancave. "Hm... There's uh... I guess there's a lot I'd miss huh?" He asked, hanging his head. "It's just... Those days in Hawaii got me thinking, we were normal people for a while." He said, "I just want really want that." I stumbled over and sat near him. "Ray, I know you want to be a normal human, but think of all the things you can do that others can't. You can live in a cool underground home, you get a bunch of cool gadgets, you could get hit by a car and live!" I said, trying to cheer him up. It didn't work though. "Normal humans aren't supposed to be able to do that Asa!" He said. "Ray, why fit in when you were obviously born to stand out?" I asked. He looked at me and smiled. "I don't know what author you're quoting, but I know you're quoting." He said, and pulled me onto him as he laid down on the couch. "Ray..." I said. He shushed me. "I can't get sick babygirl. You're fine." He said. I sat up though and looked at him. "I'm not taking the chance." I said.
A few weeks later, it turned out that the Time Machine would turn out to be useful to us. Henry's sister, Piper, ate a cookie that Henry had taken from Shwoz to throw out and she now had Ox Pox. Like chicken pox I guess but a little worse. The only cure though, was soup made from a bird that's been extinct for hundreds of years now from Alaska. So, Shwoz and Ray powered up the machine. "It does not have a lot of energy so it will have to be someone small going through. Someone it will be easy to get through and back." Shwoz said. "I'll do it." I said. "What? No." Ray said, and I glared at him. "Don't tell me no. Shwoz what am I looking for?" I asked. "The bird is very round, and it has white feathers-" "I'm looking for a snowball of a bird in Alaska? This'll be fun." I said. "Let someone else go, Asa. Please?" Ray asked. I pulled my hoodie on and kissed Ray. "I will be just fine. I'll be back soon." I said, and stepped through the machine. Damn, Alaska was cold!

{RAY'SPOV}
I watched Asa go through the machine and waited with a racing heart for her to come back out. It was only a few seconds later that a hand reached through and, thinking it was her, I grabbed and pulled the person through. I saw it was Asa and tried to hug her, but instead she slapped me. "Ow!" I said, holding my cheek. "What the hell was that for!?" I asked. "Why are you hugging me? Why am I back here?" She asked me, and I let go of my face to actually look at her. This was Asa, but she wasn't the Asa from this time. "Um... I think we have some stuff to talk about." Henry said. Other Asa looked at him and smiled. "Hey Henry." She said. "Hey." He replied. I looked from him to her and threw my hands out. "Oh so he gets a Hey and I get slapped in the face?" I asked, earning a glare. "Because I still like Henry!" She said. "OK, explain to me, what alternate universe are you from?" I asked. "I'm from one that takes place in the future." She said, looking around the Mancave. "It's been so long since I've been here." She said. "Why is that?" Charlotte asked. Other Asa looked at her sadly and said, "Cause in a few weeks.... I'm leaving."