Good Morning

When I woke up, I was in bed instead of the couch where Ray and I had fallen asleep. I was about to pick up my phone and text him, but then I smelt smoke and rushed down the stairs. I thought  I was going to see a fire, but instead I saw Ray at the counter. He was fanning a dish towel over the toaster, which was putting out almost black smoke. "Hey." I said. He jumped and turned around to me. "Good morning." He said, brushing his hair out of his face and trying to hide the disaster behind him. "Whatcha doin'?" I asked. "Uh... um... I was..." He  was panting from running around as he tried to come up with something. "I... I wanted to make you breakfast." He finally said. I smiled and looked at the toaster, which was now on fire. Ray beat it out with the towel and then threw it out my kitchen window. "How's that working out for you?" I asked. "You know how it's working!" He exclaimed, turning back to the counter. I smiled and rolled my eyes, then went over and wrapped my arms around his body. "I'm only teasing, babe." I said. He put his hands over mine. "I managed to make pancakes without burning anything down. But your toaster spazzed out and blew up." He said. I laughed and leaned my head against his back. "Babe, that toaster has been broken for months now. I've been meaning to throw it out for a long time, so thank you for that." I said. He pulled me around so I was pressed between the counter and him. He put his hands on the counter and leaned onto them as I smiled up at him. "That would have been nice to know." He said in a low voice. I smirked and replied, "How was I supposed to know that my boyfriend was going to use it?" He hummed in reply and pressed his lips to mine. He backed up at looked at the table. "The food is getting cold." He said. "We'll warm it up." I replied, making him chuckle and almost kiss me again. But my stomach growled, so he carried me bridal style over to the table and sat me in a chair.  Both of us had some pancakes and then when I tried to do the dishes, he wanted to do them while I sat and waited for him to be done. Which I wasn't having and we got into a water battle for the sponge until he had me wrapped in his arms. He started to kiss me and we kissed until his watch beeped. I sighed and walked over to the door to open it. "See you later." I said. He sighed and kissed my head before walking out the door. 

<RAY'SPOV>   

After Henry and I stopped the bank robbers, we went back to the Mancave. I tried to call Asa, but she didn't answer my call or text. She was upset again.... Great. I sighed as I leaned back in the computer chair. "Hey man, you alright?" Henry asked. I shrugged. "I don't know. Every time I try to be with Asa more crime happens, then she gets upset." I said. Henry sat on the back of the couch and had a confused look on his face. "Why is she upset?" He asked. "Because I keep having to leave and I can't tell her why." I said. He nodded and stood up as he asked, "Will you ever?" 

I wished that question had a response.