Drex

(March 23)
"Alyssa, I have to go, but before I do I have to ask you something. Just in case I don't make it back." Ray said. He reached for his pocket, but I stopped him. "Ask me when you get back. I know you'll make it back." I said. I kissed him, then pushed him towards the tubes. He went up, and as I watched him leave, I felt like a bucket of ice had dropped into my stomach.

{4 Hours Earlier}
I woke up and Ray wasn't beside me. I walked out of the bedroom and saw him, Henry, Charlotte, and Jasper (who Henry had finally told the secret to) standing at the monitor and watching the news. I rubbed my eyes and walked over to them. "What goes on guys?" I asked. "Not much. If you can count as one of the most dangerous bad guys breaking out of prison not much." Ray said. "Who is it?" I asked. "Drex." Henry replied. I looked at the screen and saw the man who had broken out, and I saw how worried Ray looked. "Do you know him?" I asked. He nodded. "He used to be my sidekick before Henry." He said. "I didn't know you had another sidekick." I said. "Yeah. Neither did I." Henry said angrily. Ray sighed. "Drop it kid!" He said. "Why didn't you just tell me?" Henry asked. "Because he was the worst person I've ever known and I'd rather not talk about him!" Ray said. "Wait, what made him so bad?" I asked. "He did everything he could to mess up the Mancave, and he tried to sabotage me on every case. Even tried to take my job more than once and when I wouldn't let him be Captain Man, he set out to wreak havoc on Swellview." He said. "So you have to go fight this guy?" I asked worriedly. He turned and looked up at me. "Hey, I'm going to be just fine. I'm... I'm Captain Man! I'm always ok." He said. I could tell he was just as worried though. I begged him not to go fight this guy. "Ray please. Let the authorities handle him. I can't take losing you again." I said. He cupped my face and kissed me. "You're never losing me." He said. He pressed a button on his remote and a rectangle portion of the floor popped up and rose to reveal a small wall of weapons. "I've lived here for almost a year and I've never noticed that." I said. "Cause I didn't want you to." Ray said darkly. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Hey, I'm Ray also known as Captain Man wanna see the large wall of weapons hidden in my floor? Yeah. That sounds good. Great way to get you to stay." He said. I giggled and wrapped my arms around his waist from behind. I rested my head on his muscled back and sighed. "I would've stayed. Believe me, I would've stayed. I was falling before I even knew you Ray." I said. He turned so I was now facing his chest, then he tilted my face up. "What did I do to get so lucky?" I smiled and stood on my tiptoes to kiss him softly. When we broke apart, he went back to the weapons and I let out a worried sigh. "Hey, I wanna make sure you know where all the lock down buttons are before I have to go, ok?" He asked. I nodded and he took my hand. "There's one here, there, in our room, under the desk, and under the table." He said. "If I'm away... and Drex makes it in here..." I put a finger over his mouth. "He won't." I said. Ray leaned down and kissed me hard, gripping my hips tightly. He ran his hands down the back of my thighs and I jumped up so he could wrap my legs around him. He carried us back to our room and he laid me on the bed. I pulled his shirt off of him and he kissed my neck. "Slow baby. I don't want to rush this time." He said. We did just that, and it was amazing! After, we got cleaned up and dressed Ray went to finish getting ready to face Drex. 

When it came time for him to leave, I had to fake not being worried so he wouldn't be focused on me during the fight. "Alyssa, I have to go, but before I do I have to ask you something. Just in case I don't make it back." Ray said. He reached for his pocket, but I stopped him. "Ask me when you get back. I know you'll make it back." I said. I kissed him, then pushed him towards the tubes. He went up, and as I watched him leave, I felt like a bucket of ice had dropped into my stomach. It was almost 10 o'clock when I heard the elevator open. I walked out of the bedroom, hoping to see Ray, but instead it was someone I knew shouldn't be down here. "Who are you?" I asked. The man smirked. "You're boy toy didn't tell you about me?" He asked. My heart stopped. "Drex..." I managed to whisper. He smiled and watched me as I took slow steps towards one of the security buttons. "I wouldn't do that if I were you, sweetheart." He said. I pressed the button anyway and he looked furious. "You want me to hurt you?" He asked, taking steps towards me. I backed away until I tripped on the stairs that lead to the room. He grabbed my ankle and pulled me back down. I cried out as my back hit each step and he towered over me. I started to wonder if the alarm even worked! No help had come yet. I tried to escape, but Drex kicked me back. I felt a sharp crack and tears sprang to my eyes. 

I wasn't letting this man get away with this. I had to keep fighting until someone showed up. "Why... why are you doing this?" I asked. "Why? Because this should be my lair! You should be my girlfriend! This should be my life! Ray took all of this from me!" He shouted. "Ray isn't to blame for the ways you screwed up your life!" I said, earning a slap. I tasted blood on my lip and wiped it away. "Don't act like you know me! Like you know what happened!" He said. "I know perfectly well what happened! You didn't like Ray getting the attention so you tried to take him out of the picture! You never deserved the role of a super hero!" I yelled at him. This sent him into a rage, and he was suddenly kicking me again. He stomped on my leg as I tried to crawl away, and I felt it snap as well. My breaths were coming in shorter and faster now. They were painful and sharp. My vision blurred, but I saw a blur of red and blue rush to Drex and take care of him before I blacked out. 

{RAY'SPOV} 

The alarm was going off at the Mancave. I had to get back there! Hopping in the Man van, I sped down the road until suddenly, I saw red and blue lights flashing behind me. This could not be happening right now! The cops came to the window and I rapidly explained why I was speeding and showed them that the alarm was going off. "One of our teams was headed there now!" One cop said. "Go. We're right behind you, Captain Man." The other said. I thanked them and we sped to Junk N Stuff. We went down to the Mancave, and I saw Drex kick Asa in the stomach. I tore my gloves off as I walked over to him and grabbed him. I punched him over and over again in the face until some officers pulled me off of him. I rushed to Asa, who was unconscious and I felt her pulse. It was faint, but it was there. I lifted her and she groaned. "Sorry babygirl. I gotta get you to the hospital." I said. I looked to the officers, who had Drex handcuffed. "Go ahead Captain. We've got him." They said. "Thank you." I said, and rushed to Swellview Emergency. I changed back into myself and then walked inside.  The doctors asked what happened and I explained the best I could before I broke down. A nurse lead me to a seat in the waiting room and I looked at Asa being wheeled away on a gurney. "W-wait, where is she going? I need to see her, I need- I need to make sure she's okay." I said. The nurse pushed me into the chair and held me there. "Sir, you need to stay calm. She has the best people helping her right now." He said. I started to hyperventilate. "Sir, is there anyone we can call? Someone who can help you?" He asked. I nodded, "H-Henry. Henry Hart." I said. The nurse called him and a few minutes later, Henry was here. He came over to me and I broke down again as he hugged me. "I wasn't there. I wasn't fast enough." I cried. Henry back up and looked at me. "Listen to me right now, Ray Manchester. None of this is your fault. None of it! Now Alyssa is going to be just fine and we are going to make it through this." He said. For the next few hours, he did a pretty good job of keeping me calm. Then finally someone came out asking for us. "How is she?" I asked. The doctor explained that she had 6 broken ribs, bruising along her spine, a small head injury, a broken leg, and a few cuts here and there. Then,  "I'm sorry Mr. Manchester,  we couldn't save the baby."