Holidays

Before I knew it, December 22nd was here. Only 3 days until Christmas and the Mancave was a plain bagel. "Morning honey." Ray said as he filled his mug with coffee. "Morning." I said. "Something wrong?" He asked as he handed me a mug. I shook my head. "No. Why would something be wrong?" I asked. He shrugged. "You just seem upset." He said, sitting next to me on the couch. I smiled and kissed him. "I'm fine baby." I said, then frowned as the alarm went off. He sighed and sat his coffee down. "It is 7 in the damn morning! Being up this early is a crime itself!" Ray grumbled. My superhero was super moody in the mornings. "Kiss before I go." He said, leaning down. I stretched up and kissed him quick before he went over to the tubes and went up. It wasn't long until he was back and he finished his cold coffee with me. 

The next day, the 23rd, and still no decorations had gone up. There wasn't even a mention of Christmas from Ray or Shwoz or anybody. I went to bed that night trying to accept the fact that holidays weren't meant to be celebrated in the Mancave. 

Christmas Eve came, and still no mention. Christmas was one of my favorite times of the year and I'd always celebrated! I just wondered why Ray had never celebrated holidays. I didn't want to push him though. That night, he seemed distracted. I thought that it was just because he and Henry had been out all day fighting crime. Christmas time was the busiest season for Captain Man and Kid Danger. I had to go to bed without my Ray that night. 

{RAY'SPOV}

I made sure Asa was asleep before waking Shwoz. "Shwoz! Man, wake up I need some help." I said, shaking him. He woke up grumpily and glared at me. "What do you want?" He asked. "I've been waiting since the first to do this, I wanna surprise Asa in the morning." I said. "With Christmas?" He asked. I nodded and he thought about it. "Ok. I will get ladder and we will decorate." He said. "But Ray, we have never decorated. We have no decorations." He stated. "That's why I bought a ton. I even bought a real tree! I wanted to do it yesterday, but I figured I'd wait until it was actually Christmas for the surprise." I said. Shwoz and I walked into the den of the Mancave and he looked at all of the bags and boxes I had. "This is going to take all night, Ray!" He exclaimed. I looked at him and put my hands together, "That's why I needed your help Shwoz. Please? I need to make this special for her." I said. Shwoz sighed and opened a box of lights. "Where do we start?" He asked. "The tree. That's probably what'll take the longest." I said. He nodded and got the ladder. After the tree was lit and decorated, I turned the lights on smiled. Asa was going to love this! As Shwoz hung lights up along the walls, I started wrapping presents. I got Asa a locket that had a picture of us in it from our first date, and some new sweaters. The girl loved sweaters! I put some presents under there for Henry, Charlotte, and Shwoz too. I got Henry the new pear phone case he wanted that charged your phone while it was on there, Charlotte the new pair of Doc Martens she wanted, and Shwoz a huge new tool set. This was a damn expensive holiday, but I didn't care about prices. I just wanted my family to have the best Christmas. It was almost 3 AM when we finished decorating, and I knew that the kids would be here after their own Christmas at home, and Asa would be up at 8. I crawled into bed next to the love of my life, and covered up as I scooted over to wrap my arms around her. I kissed the back of her neck and closed my eyes. Honestly, it felt like I'd only been asleep for two minutes when my phone started vibrating at 7:30. I quietly got out of bed, and walked into the den to wait for Asa to get up. She stumbled out about 45 minutes later. "Merry Christmas baby." I said. She rubbed her eyes and looked around with her mouth hanging open. I heard her gasp a little and smiled. "You like it?" I asked, wringing my hands nervously. "Ray... 

{ASA'SPOV}

"You like it?" Ray asked me nervously. I looked around the very decorated Mancave, and I smiled. I ran to him and he lifted me when I threw my arms around his neck. "I love it!" I yelled. I kissed him hard and he spun me around. "I'm so glad." He said. He set me down. "Wait here." He said, then walked to the kitchen. He came back carrying a tray of 5 mugs. That's when we heard the elevator coming down and I smiled. Henry and Charlotte gasped as they saw the Mancave. "Merry Christmas kids!" Ray said, taking the mugs to them. They were both still in their pajamas, so was Shwoz when he walked out. "This is amazing!" Charlotte said. "I can't take all the credit. Shwoz was a huge help." Ray said. "You both did such a great job." I said. "Yeah, the place looks great!" Henry said, sipping his hot chocolate. I sipped mine and smiled up at Ray. "You remembered the mint!" I said. He nodded. "Of course I did baby." He said, sitting down next to me on the floor. "Okay," He said, "Who's read for presents?" He asked. All of us cheered and he laughed as he passed them out. We opened them and I teared up when I opened my locket. "This is from our first date." I said. He nodded. The kids thanked him and hugged him when they opened their presents and Shwoz almost died of happiness with his new tools. I ran back to the bedroom and pulled the wrapped presents out from under the bed. I'd gotten Henry and Charlotte the new pair of PearHead phones that they'd wanted, Shwoz got new, fireproof equipment, and I got Ray a black ring on a chain that had two dates on it and a small message. "I love you always my hero, love, Asa." It said, and had the date we met on it. "Alyssa... This is amazing. Thank you so much." He said, then pulled the chain over his head. "I'm glad you like it. There's one more." I said. "What?" He asked. The kids and Shwoz came with me to grab a present we'd all chipped in on for Ray. It was a huge photo album of all the pictures we'd taken with Ray and around the Mancave. Starting on the day that Henry first started working here two years ago. "Look at how small you were!" Ray laughed. We laughed and flipped through the album until we were all close to crying. "I love you guys." Ray said. "We love you too." Shwoz replied, and we all engulfed each other in one huge group hug. Since it was Christmas, Henry and Charlotte went home to be with their families, Shwoz left to visit his sister, Ray and I turned on Christmas movies and cuddled up under the blankets on the couch. He looked down at me and smiled. "Merry first Christmas beautiful." He said. "Merry first Christmas handsome." I replied, and I stretched up to kiss him. He clicked play on the next movie, and we enjoyed the rest of our holiday.