1.0

1.0

            "I thought you were waiting for me," Adam seethes as I walk across the street, hugging the sweater against my chest.

            As I reach him and see his grey eyes looking both hurt and angry, something about it makes me feel the exact same way.

            "And I thought you were coming back out after you found me an I.D," I snap, looking away towards the empty road so I don't have to look at the dim light reflecting off his eyes. "I didn't think I would be alone in a new city, a bad area with no contact to anyone for over half an hour."

            "It wasn't that long."

            My eyes flick back to his and now I'm glaring and he's the one looking away. "Really."

            He flicks something out of his pocket and holds it in front of my face. More like a weapon rather than a white flag. On it is a girl with brown hair and vacant eyes. The resemblance to me is there entirely.

            "I got you an I.D," he says with annoyance. It's now that I smell his breath, full of beer and other smells. "So you can stop being such a bitch."

            Instantly I grimace and take a small step away from him. I can't believe after all his niceness, he would call me a bitch so quickly and be so mean. Suddenly, I wish I knew the way back to the school or could hail a taxi from somewhere down the empty street.

            Deep, deep down, past all the numbness and inside the pain, there was a part of me that thought – no hoped – that I could maybe forget about the past and make friends like a normal girl. I hoped I could live a normal life, even at a boarding school and maybe, just maybe, things would be getting better on their own, without the artificial help of medication.

            I was kidding myself. It hasn't even been a whole day and already things are screwed up for me.

            "Well maybe if you weren't busy getting drunk with your friends," I say angrily, throwing his sweater into his chest so hard that my hands collide with it and I shove him back a little. "I wouldn't have wandered off."

            "Towards another guy," Adam mutters.

            I throw my hands up in the air in frustration. "Just fucking leave me alone."

            Without any sense of what way Elizabeth is, I take off towards the way we came, not daring to look back at Adam. However, my eyes do wander towards the door where jacket guy came from. But he's not there. I'm alone.