3.1

3.1

            The walk through the dorms in the middle of the night is eerie. Darkness had never frightened me before and I had welcomed it when walking the streets back home with Trevor. But now, in the dimly lit hallways of Elizabeth Roe, it gave me a creepy feeling, the hairs on my arms to stand on end.

            With security guards walking the school the doors to the girls and boys dorms were never locked, and other than seeing them once pass my door, I hadn't had another encounter with them.

            The administration office looks strange with its black windows and fuzzy shadows, but instead of lingering I search the foyer for Adam.

            When I find him, he's shamelessly hiding around the corner, waiting to jump out to scare me. But either he was no longer listening for me to come or was too tired to notice the sound of my approaching footsteps.

            "So tell me about why you jumped," he says, clearly not worried about his bluntness. For our adventure he's carrying a flashlight, letting the dim circle illuminate the various portraits on the way to the boy's dorm.

             "I guess I just wanted to, I don't know," I admit honestly.

            "You just woke up one day and decided you wanted to kill yourself?" He doesn't sound convinced.

            After all Adam and I have gone through in only a few short weeks, I should be pissed or even annoyed at his pestering. However if anything, I don't mind talking to someone who genuinely wants to know. It makes me feel more numb to what happened. Or maybe it's just the new pills taking their effect.

            "Actually, I just walked down the street and decided to kill myself."

            "Wow," he says, shocked, but I only shrug. "Okay."

            "If it's any consolation, it wasn't my first time."

            "It wasn't?"

            "No," I tell him, wrapping my arms around myself to get rid of the chill of the school. "It was my forth."

            "Four attempts," he replies coolly. "I was not expecting that."

            I lift my shoulders as we walk through the doors to the boy's dorm. "Yeah, neither was I."