Chapter Six

Well its been an interesting day for theories on Twitter on the up and coming storyline... all of them make sense...the evidence is there! The possibilities for Jonnie are endless.
This fic was supposed to be my interpretation of the spoilers ( the break up, accident, river diving....etc.) and to be quite truthful I just wanted to write a happy fic so I'm just going to steer clear...it's not looking very good for our favourite couple.
If I'm honest...the only way I'd be devastated is if either or both Connie and Jacob were kill off.
If Connie took a step back from clinical lead...as long as there was a chance of a happy Jonnie...then fine ....whatever.
If the road to happiness was a rocky one .....crack on.
If it turns out that Jacob jumps into that water after Connie...then as long as they both make it out safely ....splash away.
Casualty continuing with or with out Grace .....I don't know....if it meant Connie
wouldn't cope and she ends up in that water...then I hope she stays no matter how much of a brat Grace is. ( sorry to any Grace fans out there but she really is a spoilt brat).
Now here's the big one............Amanda and Charles actually leave the show (as anyone seen any evidence of them both (or either of them) still filming lately).....but if it means Jonnie drive of into the sunset in Connie's Mercedes to live happily ever after, with the white picket fence, lots of baby's and a dog!....never to be seen again...I'm not sure how I'd handle that one...
___________
Ok...sorry if I've caused any upset....so on with 'the happy ever after' C.J style! :) xx
__________

Connie happily sighed as she sat back on the lounger in the back garden, she pulled her sunglasses down over her eyes and opened her book. She relaxed for an hour before looking at her watch, there was no sign of Grace and Jacob yet so she picked her book back up. What could be taking them so long.
A little while later she heard Jacob's car pulling all the way up the drive so she got up to investigate. She watched as he reversed as far as he could up to the garage. Grace jumped out the passenger seat and ran towards Connie hugging her round the waist. "Mum! It's going to be amazing, Jacob went crazy in the shop! I can't wait." Squealed Grace.
Connie walked slowly around the side of the house to find Jacob. He was stood on the other side of the car undoing some wood from the roof rack. He looked up and gave Connie a cheeky grin. "Hey sweet cheeks...wow somebody's looking good." Said Jacob noticing Connie's attire, denim shorts and a loose fitting top hanging off one shoulder and a pair of aviators.
Connie raised an eyebrow at him. "Thank you." She said shyly. "But what have you done?....Grace is bouncing around the garden!" Connie was suspicious.
Jacob's grin got wider. "Can't get anything passed you can I?"
"No and the sooner you realize that the better." Said Connie. "Need a hand?" She asked when she was unable to keep her stern look from turning into a smile.
"Yes but not from you...go relax....GRACE!" Yelled Jacob. Grace came rushing round the corner. "Grab some of these...put them carefully in the garage." Directed Jacob pointing to some electric tools.
"Where are they from?" Asked Connie.
"Called at mine on the way back, I think I'm going to need them." Chuckled Jacob as he pulled a couple planks of wood from the car walking passed Connie.
"Jacob?....Seriously!....What have you done?" Connie asked following after him.
"WAIT AND SEE!" He shouted back from the bottom of the garden.

The hours passed by, every now and then Connie would look up over her book smiling as she watched Jacob and Grace working.
Jacob was doing all the labour, Grace would rush around fetching tools and passing screws. They'd taken a break for a late lunch and refreshments but that was all. Connie had never seen Grace so enthusiastic about anything that wasn't technology related.
The sun was starting to drop low behind the trees turning it quite cool so Connie disappeared inside without a word to start their evening meal.
She'd almost finished when Grace came running in. "Hey mum, we're done for today, Jacob's just locking his tools away."
"Good timing...foods just about ready." Connie told her. "Go wash your hands."
"Muumm....can I ask you something?"
"Of course you can....anything...you know that." Replied Connie curiously.
"At the hospital you asked Jacob to stay two nights....well that means after tonight he'll be going back to his....so...well....does he have to go back?" Asked Grace a little unsure.
"Erm...I don't know....we've not talked about it..." Connie frowned as it dawned on her.
She was brought from her train of thought by Jacob walking into the kitchen. "What have you been up to...your supposed to be taking it easy." Said Jacob noticing the three plates of steak, jacket potato and salad on the table.
"I've felt fine all day, what have I told you about fussing." Said Connie giving him a peck on the lips not wanting to get to close because he was sweaty and dirty. "Now eat, then go get cleaned up!"
The three of them sat round the table in the kitchen. "I can't wait for tomorrow!" Said Grace smiling.
"What's happening tomorrow?" Asked Connie.
"The rest of the tree house is being delivered!" She said beaming.
Connie looked at Jacob. "The rest! I thought you'd finished!"
"That's just the base....there's a flat pack house to build on it....it shouldn't take to long...four walls and a roof." Explained Jacob.
"I don't believe this." Said Connie chuckling and shaking her head. "I knew you were hiding something, don't do things by half do you!"

Jacob went to get showered and changed while Connie spent sometime with Grace in her room before bed. They were sat talking about lots of little things until Grace tentatively broached the subject of Jacob staying. "Would it be ok if I asked Jacob to stay then?"
"If he wants to stay a little longer then that's fine...is this because you think you'll get your tree house finished quicker?" Asked Connie smiling thinking she could see where Grace was going with her question.
"No...."
"Really?" Urged Connie.
"I want to tell you a secret." Said Grace quietly.
"What is it...I've told you, you can tell me anything." Said Connie putting her arms around her.
"I am excited about the tree house...I'm just not THAT excited about it....I just like helping Jacob....it's fun...I wish he didn't have to go." Admitted Grace examining her hands.
Connie was surprised, she didn't know what to say. "You mean....you want....when you say you want Jacob to stay....you mean...stay...as in...stay stay." Connie took a deep breath to calm herself. "Your asking if Jacob can move in...permanently?"
"Don't you think it would be a good idea?" Asked Grace oblivious to the enormity of what she was saying.
"I...I...Grace...what your asking....that's....that's something me and Jacob need to talk about...it's....it's a big thing....to move in with someone....it's not something you rush into...I'm not doing very well at explaining this am I?" Struggled Connie.
"It's ok I think I understand...I should wait and ask him next week!" Exclaimed Grace.
"NO...no...I'm trying to say...it's not your question to ask sweetheart...me and Jacob will talk about it when the time is right. Ok?" Clarified Connie with a understanding smile.
"Oh, ok I guess...." said Grace with a yawn.
"Get some sleep sweetie...we'll talk more about it another time. And just because Jacob doesn't live here properly doesn't mean you'll hardly see him...I'm sure he'll visit lots...Ok?" Said Connie.
"Ok....night mum...I love you."
"I love you too sweetie."